20 • Vintage Shop 2

We sat there for a hot minute, drinking beer and laughing out asses out.

I'd never thought this would happen, but I was too drunk to think about that.

"So yeah I accidentally kissed Tris, no! He kissed me." I laugh, taking another sip of my drink and placing it down, my throat burns from it. "Is that why he was so upset?" He said, in a serious tone, I didn't give a flying fuck because, it meant nothing.

But to know that Tristan was quite upset when he did that was kind of sad but, as of right now I didn't know what to do nor say to that subject.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Did you like it?" He asks, taking a sip of this drink which he had for the third time, I don't know why but, if that what he likes.

"It was alright, I don't want to say I didn't like it, but it wasn't great." At this point I'm really thinking about what to say next. stuff like this isn't easy to forget.

"think about it." He says, leaning on the seat and tugging his hair backwards. What did he mean by that? "Oh." is all I could reply, I was too caught off guard by his answer, which made me think. It was, vague. Why would he let me think about it?

"Wait, what do you-"

This is what I was trying to forget, everything about it. I never wanted it to happen yet it creeps into me, the feelings that I've kept for so long has returned, in the worst time possible, in the worst place possible. Every part of my body tensed, my shoulder raised, my eyes wide. Everything we had just said and promised, broken, I guess the best option is to never promise anything because you know damn well that you'll break them somehow.

And you can't forgive, anyone.

"Wait, I shouldn't be kissing you."

Kissing a man with a fiance is just messed up, but these feelings still exist in my heart, without it sounding cliche, I still love you. Not just as a supportive friend, but something more. These feelings never left the day you did.

I push him away from me and he stared at me, like I was a ghost. Hearing the doors open, the sounds when you open some antique shop, the things hanging. I looked behind, there was no one, but I saw a silhouette walking away, it didn't bother me.

"Brad, what are you doing?" I said in utter disbelief, at this point I'm more concerned for him, I can't blame him, he had three rounds of beer.

"I-I don't..." He says, he was having a hard time trying to let his words out, I sighed. I grab my phone from my pocket and checked the time, it was 11 pm. Shit, I stood up immediately. "Let's go Brad." I pick up my sweater and he was moving very slow so I had to pull him, "Let's go." I whisper, exiting the shop and walking back home.

I started thinking, my brother and mum would be asleep by now, we were now walking home, it was dark and cold, even colder with this wet sweater. "Brad, I'm going to call a cab for you."

"No! I don't want to go, er, home. Can I stay at your place?" He says, I was so confused, but, for now I'll let it slide. "Okay but you're not sleeping with me." I said as we entered the building, I saw Kenneth at one of the seats, he spots me and gives me a confusing look. He then went back to his phone, seconds later I heard my phone go off.

"Is that the one who gave you the letter?"

I looked back at him and mouthed him a "no."

-

Brad was just following me like a lost puppy, it was cute but, awkward. I unlocked the door and told him to stay quiet. I slowly opened the lights and placed the keys down on the counter table. "I'm going to hand you a cup of water." I asked him, he nodded, I then proceeded to grab a cup of water, for him and myself because I was feeling a bit light headed, and my throat is sore.

"Here." I gave him one cup and he finishes it in a second, "Are you really going to let me sleep on the couch?" I deadpanned, "I'm kidding." He giggles and places the cup down, sighing. "Sorry what I did back there, I wasn't thinking."

I was so sick of this, these words.

"Okay."

I stood up and decided to grab some pillows and a blanket for him to use. I rummage around my room to find some of those items. When I got those, I head out to see Brad already asleep on the couch, his phone on the table, his hair everywhere, his lips slightly parted, it really made me look for a moment.

I placed the pillow on the couch beside him and put a blanket over him, I placed a cup of water and some ibuprofen, so he won't complain when he wakes but because that's just how he is.

I remember those days when he used to always drink because he'd always go to parties and go home late, he'd always complain when he'd wake up, which was annoying but, what can you do?

He was very different back then, very different.

"Lynn?"

I jumped because of the sudden call. "Oh-, Jeremy." I sighed, standing up and walking towards him. "Is that Bradley?" He points at Brad, he does know what happened, that we broke up but doesn't know that we're still friends up to now.

"Yeah..." I said softly, he looks at me weirdly, "What?" I ask him, grabbing a cup and filling it with water, I'm so fucking dehydrated. "I thought you two broke up?" He says in a serious like, mad tone. "Yeah, and we're friends now so...Nothing to worry about." I said, my heart beating faster when I lied, there is definitely something to worry about.

"Okay..." Jeremy answered, he was unsure I can tell but, he let me be.

Suddenly my phone rang and it was Kenneth, "Hello?"

"Can you come downstairs? Someone sent something again, and you were right, it wasn't him."

<><><>

[hello! hope you enjoyed this chapter! It was weird but whatever, vote, comment, and share this story if you wish! Thanks for reading.]