21 • beach

"There was this um, guy."

Kenneth says, looking at something behind me. "What? What guy?" I look around, trying to see what he was looking at.

"He was looking f-for you, um." He stutters, I was so confused as to what he was talking about and what he was looking at.

"He said that he was the one who gave you the letter and said, um. Ditch that and meet now."

"Now?" I scrunch my face in confusion. This was beginning to make me want to just leave and cancel everything. "Yeah." He replied, I scoffed. "Why can't he just approach me? It's not that hard." I huff and made my way back to the damn diner, it was sickening to go back there, especially because of what just happened not so long ago.

I cursed under my breath while making my way there, slowly getting pissed.

Aggressively opening the door, hearing those chimes once again, I saw the guy. Well, I'm not surprised it was Tris.

"Tris." I said, non-hesitantly walking closer to him, as I got closer I could see him becoming more nervous his expression became.

"Lynn, great to see you." He said, trying to act cool but he was not succeeding, it was quite amusing. "Yeah you too." I sat down, opposite of him, placing my phone on the table.

"Funny that I was just here not so long ago." I tittered, but then my smile went a way as quickly.

"Yeah, I-I saw." He chuckled, mirroring my expression. He saw? "What?" I asked, "So you were here? Earlier? You could've approached me." I trailed off. It was upsetting that he was having a hard time approaching me, but I can't blame him I know what it feels like.

This feels like, Brad all over again, apologizing and shit, makes me want to just, stop and leave. This is Tristan, I understand, I'm going to keep it short and sweet.

"Tris, I know what you're going to say,"I sighed, "Lynn, I'm sorry. Please forgive me, the kiss was unexpected. I'm sorry" I trailed off, giving him a genuine smile. Tris, on the other hand didn't seem surprised that much, he just stared at me blankly and huffed.

"So, are you and Brad like?" he grins, "What?! Are you out of your mind? He's engaged Tris." I chuckle, so did he, it was relieving to see him smile again. I haven't seen him for quite a while and I'm not used to that.

After minutes of finally talking, we had so much fun, we laughed, and made each other feel guilty for what we have done. We spent hours, hours of talking at the shop, until the lady, the same lady tried to kick us out.

"Alright you two time to go now, we'll be closing. Thanks for coming." She smiled and leaned on the side of my seat, she was looking at Tris, smirking. "Oh, bummer. Thanks for letting us stay." I said, still confused as to what was going on but, maybe she just finds him attractive.

Tristan stood up and grabbed his jacket, I grabbed my phone and followed him. Once we reached the door, Tris yells, "I told you!" I slightly jumped because of how loud his voice was, it was startling but, 'I told you?'

I didn't respond, it looked like he was talking to the lady.

As we got to his car, he started laughing.

"What?" I asked him, I was so confused about everything that I had nothing else to do than to just laugh along. "I really felt like it was the end of the world when I kissed you, it was like everything was about to break and it was amusing if you saw what I was doing really." He chuckles, I smile at him

"I felt the same when I kissed Brad and it was ridiculous." I laugh, trying to enter the car.

"Where to?"

"Um, home duh?" I furrow my brows at him, he looked at me, I can tell by his expression that he was not approve of it. "What about? No?" he's tone like he was suggesting it. "I gotta get home Tris, Jeremy will kill me." I'm practically begging now, Jeremy literally said that I need to be home early, not go on with the adventures of Tristan 2.0.

"Come on, it's just, 1 am." He says, like it was nothing. I deadpanned. "Yeah, and I need to sleep because I have to decorate my flat tomorrow." I said in a more questionable tone, he began to drive and he was not taking me home, great.

"This better be worth it." I sighed and forcefully leaned on the seat. He didn't say anything, he was just smiling.

-

He took me to the beach, it was cold and empty, as expected. I thought he was gonna fucking take me to an amusement park or some other shit.

But instead he took me to the, beach, at 1 am.

"So what are we doing?" I asked as I exited the car and walked closer to the sea.

"Walking, if you want we can swim." Tris chuckles and I gave him the ugliest look I ever made, "Tris, swim this early? The water must be freezing." I cross my arms and tugging tightly on my sweater. "Even out the water it's freezing." He trailed off, I sat down on the sand, it was relaxing and I never thought I needed this until I tried it.

He sat down beside me, lying down on the sand.

"this is nice." I said, it was actually really nice and I wanted to sleep right here right there.

"Yeah." he stands up and tries to push me into the water, what do you expect? My weak ass to just sit there? No, so I was forcefully pushed into the water and, what can I say?

"Tristan you bitch!" I yell, laughing my ass off because of the cold water hitting my legs. "What'd you expect me to do?" He yells back and still continues to tackle me. I was so irritated yet I didn't want to seem like the loser in this, so I fought back.

"You, need, to, take, me, home!" I paused in every word I said, trying to splash water towards his direction.

<><><>

[HELLO! Sorry this chapter took so long to make, I had some problems with writing this chapter but here it is! I hope you liked this, comment what you think about this one. Share and vote this chapter if you wish!]