27 • together?!

"Hey Lynn can I talk to you?"

Erin asks me, I suddenly felt like someone has punched me in the stomach, maybe she knew about the kiss? Maybe she'd let her anger out on me? Well, whatever it is, I'm not ready.

I started to overthink about everything, I didn't know what to do I was so nervous and I'm practically breathing stable.

"S-sure?" It came out more like a question, luckily Erin didn't mind and told me to follow her, we were heading towards the loo, once we got in, neither of us said anything.

I took a deep breath and began to speak, "Look Erin, whatever that is, I'm sorry for doing it, I wasn't thinking properly and it was the mi-"

"What? Why are you apologizing?" she titters, I was so caught off guard by her response, at this point I don't even know what to say anymore. This is fucking messed up.

"I-I don't..." is all that came out of my mouth, she sighs and walks closer to the sink, it took sometime for her to actually say what she had in mind.

"I just wanted to ask if you know what Brad has been up to lately because he's been spacing out, he's been leaving the house very often and he never tells me where he's going anymore. I decided to talk to you because you're one of his closest friends..." she says miserably, I felt very bad for her, I also kinda feel like it's all my fault because ever since that kiss, things seemed to change a lot.

"Erin, a-as much as I want to help you, I have..." I pause, not knowing what to say next, I hesitated. "You have?" Erin asks, I slightly jump and blink a couple of times just because I was ridiculously nervous. "I...have no idea what he's been up to, he never texts me anymore and we barely talk." Slap me as many times as I've lied this week.

"Really?" She sighs deeply, she loves him so much. I understand how she feels, it's like loosing trust on someone you've told everything to. "I just am worried because he never tells me where he's going and I'm worried he might be doing something that I don't like or won't like, I just..."

"I'm sure he's super busy in work Erin, maybe he's got a big project up and is too stressed to even talk to you." she shots her head up.

shit, why did I say that?

"No! No, I mean maybe...he, honestly I don't know but I'm sure he's very busy and he's doing it for you." my mouth tries to form into a convincing smile, which actually worked and once again she sighed.

"Okay, thank you Lynn. I guess I just haven't been looking at the bright side quite lately, I'm always so worried but now thank to you I'm going to trust him more." Erin smiles at me which made my shoulders much more lighter and made me breathe much more even.

"Alright, anytime Erin, now let's join the others so we could have fun."

I push the door open, little did I know something was up once I opened the door.

As expected, Brad and Connor are  talking about something while looking towards our direction, I assume they were waiting for one of us to get out of the loo. Brad looked away once I opened the door, which left me confused and nervous.

My heart was on fire, "Do you want anything to drink? Like right now?" Erin taps my shoulder and I quickly turn around to look at her, I let out a long sigh. "Yes please, just some, lemonade..." I chuckle, Erin raises a brow and turned to the counter while muttering 'okay'.

"Hey, what took you so long?" I felt warm hands touch my shoulder and I sighed. "Um, not now? Let's talk later when...you know." I tilt my head towards Erin's direction. "Ah, sure." He nods and walks over to the table, I turn back to Erin whose got our drinks already which was surprising considering she got a heavy drink, the one where you take a sip and you already feel tipsy.