Chapter 6

~ Prince

Dominic meets me by the concessions stand at the park where the party is at. Which also has a bar. I don't see Violet up here.

"So are you going to look for that Violet chick?" He asks.

"If I can find her, and when I do, I want you to disappear. If she's with someone, I'll need you to get them away so I can be alone with her." I say firmly. I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm nervous.

"What makes you think she's here with someone? I already told you what my father and her were talking about. I can't say I blame her for wanting information on her opponents. She's going against the strongest Alpha females, three out of the ten!" Dominic whispers raising his voice near the end.

I glare at him. This I already knew, which is why I need to talk with her soon. I have five days then this round will be done. I only have four days with Violet before she goes into the colosseum. Which means a little cunning on my part, so father doesn't find out.

We walk the perimeter in silence. The picnic tables have red and black table clothes with low light lanterns. The DJ is set up on the stage. There is two large speakers, one on each corner. He's playing electric club music with deep bass. A dance floor with flashing tiles about one hundred square feet put right in front of the stage already has people on it.

Round tables with same table clothes and lanterns are set all around perimeter of dance floor. Tiki lights are scattered throughout the park giving light.

A few bomb fires dot the field with large groups of people gathered around them. At a picnic table near one of the bomb fires at the edge of the woods I see her sitting with Joy and Stacey.

It seems Violet has made some friends which is comforting. The other alpha chicks stay by themselves and won't talk to any of the other girls. I wonder if Violet behavior is because her pack is cut off from the rest of the world. It still bugs me my father had no idea it existed till now. Why would they come out of hiding now?

We walk casually and smoothly over to their table. I already have talked with Stacey and Joy, they still don't know I'm the prince.

Violet is sitting on the right bench of the picnic table closest to the woods with her back against the table. She's resting both her elbows back on the table top. Her head is laying back to listen to Stacey and Joy on the other side. Her legs are stretched out crossed in front. She's breath taking.

I cup my hands behind my back, puffing my chest out. I've got my game face on with my bedroom eyes and cocky smile. My walk changes to a smoother transition as I make my way to the group.

"Hello ladies." I say in my russian-english accent.

Violet's head snaps up, then she slowly turns to look at me. Her eyes take me in, from my feet up my body and stopping at my eyes. Those alluring amethyst pools burn into me in a way that signals a siren to my groin.

She turns her body, drawing the right leg up so it lays across the bench in front of her. Then resting her chin in the heal of the right hand, she runs her pinky across her bottom lip.

"Hello Sebastian!" Stacey and Joy exclaim.

"Come and join us, who's your friend?" Joy gesture to the table to sit.

I sit next to Violet, Dominic sits in between the two girls. They shift closer to him. He smerks at me with knowing eyes. I roll my eyes.

"This is Dominic, a close friend of mine." Gazing at Violet who has greeted him. She appears uncomfortable, any confidence she had has melted away the closer I got. Interesting. "And who is your friend?" Violet glances at me, I give a wink. Her cheeks change to a light pink, her hand failing to cover a smile. Is the alpha shy? Where is all that seductive sexy girl I saw on the stage earlier. She looked so comfortable messing with Keith.

"This is Violet. She's in the contest with us for the prince. Violet, this is Sabastian. One of the royal guards in the palace." Stacey introduces.

"Oh yes, I remember now. I was there at the number drawing." I say trying not to show my annoyance. If she tried to get to me going this afternoon, it worked.

I gave Dominic my cue to start luring the other girls away from here. I want to be alone with Violet. He nods slightly.

"You two girls want to dance?" He suggests to Stacey and Joy. They look at each other and squeal. I'd take that as a yes.

He stands, then the girls. Violet tries to convince them to stay, but they wave goodnight while walking away. She smiles at me politely, I notice she takes in a deep breath and let's it out. She's nervous?