Chapter 9

~Violet

I sigh again and close my eyes. It comes back so clear. His smell, face, his body on top me, his legs on each side of me. He finally answered my questions of signs to tell a mate. A kiss? If I wanted him to know who I was to him, I could get through the embarrassment of a bumbled kiss. But when he whispers the last word, Calypso just about lost her mind. Heat radiated from groin. I had to keep fighting to stop her from busting through.

Our hips touching, I could feel his...member through our pants. Oh God, I'm getting aroused just thinking about it.

I tried to remember how I got to that position in the first place. He got up from my lap and leaned over me. My hands twisted into his shirt, pushed against his chest. He tried to kiss me. Pushing on his chest wasn't working so I leaned back. That backfired however, because he had to change his position. I froze, paralyzed with uncertainty. 

My heart was thundering in my chest. Anxiety filled my head and my guts were in knots. For a second I thought I was going to throw up. Real sexy Violet.

In the meantime, Calypso was high as a kite with the touch of our mates groin, even though there was no skin on skin. She wanted control, she wanted him now. I had all I could do to rein her in.

I could tell he was in his element. I could smell his arousal like a thick musk adding to the sandalwood. I'm almost sure he would have taken me right there if we weren't interrupted.

He thrusts his hip, digging the bulge in his pants in the crease between my thigh and groin. I just about lose my mind and my grip on Calypso. A purr escapes my throat before I can stop it. The accursed matebond pulls between us, tearing down my walls of my insecurities.

I felt for a brief moment his wolf stir as a response to my expression of pleasure. That thrust pushed me over the edge to where he could do whatever he wanted to me. I wanted him, I relaxed my arms. He took it as a signal to proceed.

I desperately wanted to taste his lips. I had no clue what to do. I didn't care at that point. He leaned forward, I looked to his lips to his eyes. He was gazing into mine, he must have seen my eyes had changed. Calypso was fighting so fiercely I think if he actually made contact with my lips he would be in for a shock.

I'm glad the foolish attacker stepped on a twig. Alerting me in time to roll us out of the way. In the heat of the moment, I didn't notice it was raining.

He lent me his jacket and walked me home. I think the fact he was almost assassinated hadn't hit him yet, he looked disappointed, and frustrated. 

"Well, Leo. Let's just say we almost had sex, before he was almost killed. " I finally reply.

"They know you're here, and now they know who your mate is. You're in danger."

"Who's they Leo?"

"I'm not sure, they don't have a name, but they are enemies of our kind. A force of creatures who don't want our wolves to awake. They want to keep our kind weak and powerless. They know that once the prince's wolf is awakened, he will become an unstoppable force. In battle and in the effort to waking all willing members of his kingdom.

Prince Sabastian is the destined leader of the Goddesses movement to answer prayers. For generations our kind has prayed for the return of their wolves. But her punishment had to go full term before relief. But it's not safe to awake all wolves at once. There's a process that needs to be done. It starts with the king, then the alphas of each pack in his kingdom. Then Betas, Deltas, Gamma. Then slowly the rest of the pack."

I'm dumbfounded. He had known this whole time. "Why was I not informed of this grand plan?! Where do I fit in?" I hiss.

"Calm down, your only involvement in the plan is that, it's you who wakes his wolf as his mate. And of course help him in his mission. You were not briefed on the plan because Tiki didn't want you overwhelmed with the weight of it all. It's the fact that if you fail to wake his wolf, then the awakening for our kind will not happen. So much is riding on your success, the stress could crush you."

I could definitely understand. I can feel the wieght bearing down as we speak. I had no idea the Goddess has that much faith in me.

"Why are you telling me this now?"

"Because the enemy has figured it out, and are after you. They have been attempting to assassinate the prince for awhile. We have guards near him around the clock. Now they know who his mate is, they will go after you."

"How could they tell I was his mate? When he doesn't even know." I snap.

"They have magic, black magic, that can do unspeakable things. I've got a report that they managed to wake a few wolves. But they are hollow, zombies with no souls. Just a tool for them to exploit. And those poor captives wolves can not be saved."

He pulls out a small blade in a black leather sheath. And hands it to me.

"This blade is soaked in wolfsbaine. Its poisonous to werewolves. It's the only way that will kill these accursed creatures. There is no hope for them but death. They are under the control of the enemy, like puppets they are the puppeteers. And right now they want you dead. Keep this with you at all times and keep it in the sheath. A scratch will weaken your wolf and your ability. Not to mention make you really sick."

I tie it to my hip. Feeling the tension of the magnitude of my mission. I stand with new determination. I will get through these trials and be number one...somehow.

"Leo, what do we do now. I'm ready."

He stands putting on his training gloves, and tightens his shoes laces. Then strides over in front of me. Putting a hand on each shoulder, he smiles.

"We train...and look into a sponsor."