Chapter 27

~ Violet

I walk into the study, where Arthur, my sponsor, and Leo is waiting. I plop down in the chair, my cheeks flush. Leo looks at me with a smerk. Was it that obvious? I mindlink him so not to alarm the sponsor.

"I need to tell you that something is wrong with Sabastian!" My inner voice panicking.

"I can only guess what you were doing, Violet. What happened to Sabastian?" His inner voice smooth and calm.

Is he laughing at me? He smiles and winks. The sponsor begins talking, the basics on domestic duties of a wife, and short history.

"Well, we were fooling around, but I sware no sex. When he pulled away from me, he looked into my eyes. The dark ring around his iris were rotating! And he purred.. What is happening to him?!" I fidget in my set. Crossing and uncrossing my legs.

"Oh, is that all. This is good. The process has started. His wolf is waking, slowly. Which is what we want. Evidently, his bond has already gotten stronger. He did lay with you on that hospital bed for almost two days. He wouldn't leave your side to even take care of himself. I had to make him eat and take bathroom breaks. I'd say better that and you...pleasuring him, he's about 50%." He nods to Arthur.

I turn and try to pay attention now. I'm relieved I didn't jolt that wolf of his awake. I'm surprised to hear he stayed that long with me at the hospital. I'd say he even had time to develop an emotional attachment to me. His guilt of potential killing me probably didn't help. Wow, 50%. I sigh and listen in to Arthur.

"...so after some cooking lessons and some royal etiquette practices, I also want to get some measurements to give to my seamstress, I think we'll be on the right track. What do you think, Violet?" He asks turning to face me.

I'm glad I started paying attention. "Sure, but I do have some questions. You may have said this already but what are they wanting to do in this round?" I lace my fingers together on my lap.

"Oh yes, you and the other five girls will prepare and cook one of Sebastian's favorite meals." He says enthusiastically.

"How do I know which meal to make?" I question.

"Remember the black bag used to pick your number from for the colosseum? Out of that same bag you'll draw out a recipe. You'll have to make enough for ten people. Luckily this round is only two days since there is only six of you. So you may pick a breakfast, lunch, or dinner." He explains.

"Well that doesn't seem so bad. Just cook a meal, endure the other girls cooking. I can survive that." I relax some.

Arthur on the other hand raises an eyebrow. His bored face turns amused.

"Not exactly. You'll have to get the ingredients yourself, and not shopping my dear. You'll get the vegetables directly from the King's garden, milk from the cow, eggs from the chicken coop, ect, then prep. They also expect a show after the meal. It gives the Kings an idea what various hobbies you girls have."

"A show? Like what?" I say scrunching my face with disgust.

He laughs. "Do you have any talents? Singing, dancing, playing an instrument?"

Well damn, I have to perform too. I sigh heavily. Of course my parents taught me to play the piano, but that's too cliché. Once I learned to read music I taught myself to play all different instruments. My favorite is the pan flute. I have written my own songs. It's such a soothing sound.

I can widdle so if I have to make one it won't be hard for me. I can pretty much do anything with a knife.

"I can play a pan flute. I don't have one with me but they're easy to make. Is there a pond near by?" I smile, looking at Arthur.

"Not here inside the palace walls, but on the edge of a city there's a river. I think I've seen reeds growing there." He says scratching his chin in thought.

"I hope I have time. When do we draw our recipe?"

"Tonight at dinner. Then a day in given for the girls for the first day." He replies.

I nod. "Leo, let's get this workout over with. I have to go down to the river."

Leo nods as he stands. Arthur and I stand as well.

Arthur reminds me to be quick because I need to get measured for my dress for tonight, then he'll have a few more made up for me. Then a quick cooking class before I have to start getting ready for the dinner.

Leo and I leave and go straight to the private gym. I'm there for an few hours. Then I go up stairs for a shower and change into my pink spaghetti strips tank top, short cut off blue jeans, and black sandles. My hair in a messy bun, I'm out the door. Leo gives me a ride into the city.

The air is warm, it smells of wild flowers. It was a nice walk to the river. It stretches around a bend far to my right, to my left in snakes out of view with some tree limbs.

I walk the edge of the river for ten minutes before I see some reeds. I slip off my shoes and wade in. I get up past my knees, when I feel someone grab my ankle.

I quickly pull out my butterfly knife flicking my wrist to open it. I grab a handful of hair and pull him up. I'm thrown off balance and land on top of whoever's attacking me.

He comes up for air and I go for the throat. The first thing I see are sapphire blue eyes. I know those eyes. They're Sabastian's!!

He grabs my wrists in time to stop my knife. Holy crap! I almost killed him!