Chapter 41

~ Violet

I meet Sabastian by the river. There I find a eight foot canoe with a picnic basket packed in the middle. He has waded into the water to steady the boat. I kiss his cheek before I climb in. His smerk along with a pat on my back side tells me he's been looking forward to this.

With a paddle in hand I ask," So why so early in the morning for this date?"

"It's part of my surprise. See that opening to that waterway? Guide the nose of the boat there." He explains pointing with his paddle.

The air is warm and the smell of wildflowers fills the air. I dig the end of the paddle deep into the water and watch the small whirlpools dance away. This is really relaxing, I can hear birds sing and the river slop over rocks and logs. The waterway Sabastian directed us has narrowed but it's still deep enough for the canoe.

After a mile we came up on to a beautiful waterfall. It must be fifty feet tall hidden deep in this forest. We got here just in time for the sun to peek over the tree tops, making the waterfall sparkle like diamonds. The mist that rises up turns into a rainbow with the new morning light. It was a breathtaking view, I was speechless.

"You like my surprise? I haven't taken any else here, except Dominic. We found it together ten years ago. It's been our secret till now." Sabastian says smoothly. All I can do is nod.

We get the boat close to shore and he gets out. He steadies the boat as I get out with the basket. He then tied it to a log near by. I pull out the blanket and lay it down. Then I sit down, he sits behind me with his legs on each side of me. I lean back onto his chest as he wraps his arms around me.

"This is amazing! I can't believe you haven't shared this with anyone." I say as I watch a deer come to the waters edge to get a drink.

"I wanted to share it only with my mate, Dominic said the same. Only our mates. I want you to know I looked for you for years. I resisted Father's method as long as I could. He was getting impatient. I didn't want just any mate, I wanted my true mate." He says as he plays with my hair.

"Sabastian, you only know of a few ways to tell who your true mate is. You must have kissed many girls, and I don't want to think about how many-" he cuts me off.

"Listen, I have kissed many frogs but I didn't sleep with them all. And trust me, the ones I did felt bland, like porridge. It provided a need, but not satisfying at all. Let's just say that part of my frustration with you. I want this need met but I want you to be comfortable too." He kisses the top of my head.

It makes me happy that he feels comfortable to talk to me about these things. I have been wondering about this.

"There's something else, I saw your wolf the other night. So don't deny she's awake, Leo told me about your pack." He says pulling my hair causing my head to fall back to look into my eyes.

I smile mischievously. "Then I won't, what? Do you want to meet Calypso?"

"Calypso? Did you name her?" He asks as I turn around and sit on my heels.

"No. Our Goddess named her. And yours already had a name before he was turned into a werewolf. Our wolves are special. They were the first ever created and they're very powerful. She very rarely has them reborn, usually only under special circumstances. I believe we were given these wolves because of the special task she has for us. The enemy will be strong but together we will be stronger." My voice holds passion as I pull him into my arms.

"I would like to touch her. Can you do it here? I promise no one other than Dominic knows of this place." He reassures me.

"Ok, but you'll have to catch her if you want to touch her. She's still wild, and likes to play hard to get." I stand and step behind a tree.

"What are you doing?" He asks peeping around the tree.

"Taking my clothes off, I don't want them torn during my shift. A little privacy, I know you have already seen me naked it's just weird for me to shift in front of people." I push him back and get back behind the tree.

"Did you hide from your parents too." He asks as I get ready to shift.

"Yes, I have always been shy about my body. Now hush. Once I shift I can't speak to you. You haven't marked me yet." I laugh as I hear him mumble.

My bones dislocate and move as pure white fur grows at a rapid pace all over body. I now balance on four paws looking through the eyes of my beautiful wolf.

I trot gracefully out from behind the tree and sit in front of Sabastian. His eyes grow huge as he takes me in. He kneels slowly reaching out.

In a flash Calypso drops down into a play stance, my bottom in the air, tail wagging.

Mischief sparkles in his eyes as he tries to grab me, but I'm too quick. I dash to the trees running circles. Sabastian is chasing me but isn't fast enough in his human form to catch me. Although it's not a good idea for him to shift now.

I lose sight of him, he hid. I know he's close because I can smell him. I round a large boulder to find him jumping on me, gathering me in his strong arms. All I can do is wiggle but he has caught me, fair and square. I lick his face as he settles down on the blanket setting me in his lap.

I lay there enjoying his fingers comb through my fur. The sparks feel stronger as well as the bond between us in this form. It feels amazing! I could do this for hours.