Round One

~ Prince

The colosseum is full and excitement has filled the air. The roar of the crowd if deafening. I'm sitting in the balcony seats, perfect view of the arena's sandy platform. This is where all royals sit. My parents have a throne for each, then smaller recliner type chairs for me and my brother. Leo stands behind me in the shadows.

They are expecting me to announce the winners from the five groups. They all think Violet has dropped out. I only called Kathleen Flint out to the arena.

The anticipation is thick among the crowd, Kathleen on the other hand stands in the middle looking back at me with those dark brown eyes, emotionless. Her light pink pouty lips are relaxed, neither smiles or frowns. Her thick dark brown hair wadded on top of her head in a bun.

She's wearing a leather jumpsuit tight to hang on every curve. Her skin a beautiful sunkissed tan, from the beaches in Italy no doubt. Very well put together. I would have liked to see her pass and get to know her better. Not now. Its creepy, I'm beginning to see what Leo and Violet when describing the ones cursed.

Violet's parents have come. If anything goes wrong, I just hope I can stop it in time if need be.

There's a PA system in the colosseum, the microphone up here in the balcony. I pick it up and turn it on.

"Hello, everyone. Settle down." I pause as the roar dies down. "I want to welcome you all this evening to the final battle of the night and of Round One of the contest. The winner of this battle will take sixth place and move on to the next round.

However I may stop the fight at any time if I see both are worthy, seems how I have room for them both. Violet Valentine, will you please enter the colosseum and stand opposite of Kathleen in the center of the arena." I look over to the entrance where Leo left her.

She strides confidently to the described destination. Her braid swinging as she walked. She turns her body toward me, chin up and that gorgeous smile, hands behind her back, and feet spread at shoulder width. A picture of power and grace.

Mummering explodes in the bleachers. Kathleen looks at Violet then back to me like it was nothing. Seeing my Violet standing right next to her, there's really no question who turns me on. Her violaceous eyes alone gives me a hard on. The thought causes me to smile.

"Let's begin. Start the clock." I order and sit down.

The girls face each other getting in a fighting stance. A horn sounds and the clock starts the countdown.

Violet makes the first move toward Kathleen. Kathleen backs up, staying just out of reach before Violet can swing. In the meantime black clouds are gathering over the arena. Violet looks bored with chasing her. She unstraps her whip letting the length of it cascade to the ground next to her.

Large drops of water fall from the sky, but only inside the arena. No emotion is coming from Kathleen. Violet flicks the whip in the air to her right. It makes a snap and crackles, fireworks falling from the end it, Violet's eyes are glowing with lightning dancing across the irises. I've seen that up close before. Her dominance was felt, which I'm sure Kathleen is feeling now.

As the rain is falling, it doesn't land on Violet. An invisible sphere force field could be seen as the droplets hit it and runs down its shape crashing onto the sand. A knowing smile came to her lips as she glares at Kathleen.

The ground is now soaking wet, making fast maneuvering difficult. It doesn't look like Violet was going to get close enough anyway. She flicks the whip again toward the ground in front of her, with and electric current seen leaving her hand flowing the langth of the whip, out the end that pops as is comes in contact with the water.

It spreads the entire area racing on the surface. It grabs Kathleen and electrifies her. Violet swings the whip to draw it back into her dry bubble. The rain stops and Kathleen collapses in a heap.

Violet wraps her whip and straps it back to her hip. Then steadily makes her way to Kathleen. Kathleen rolls to her stomach and gets to her hands and knees. Violet makes it there and grabs her by her shoulders.

As she lifts Kathleen, Violet drives her knee into her stomach, causing her to buckle clutching her abdomen in pain, the wind knocked out. Then Violet slams her elbow into the back of her head. Kathleen falls face first into the sand.

Violet stands over her, straddling her body facing her feet. She bends over and picks up her feet, then steps toward her head arching Kathleen's back. Pain washes over her face as she struggles against Violet's submissive hold.

Kathleen manages to get a foot loose and kicked Violet in her back side launching her forwards into a summersult. While in the roll, her hands hit the sand she pushes herself up to flip on to her feet. When she turns to face Kathleen, there is twenty feet between them.

All the water in the arena starts to gather into a pool between the two girls. With the focus on Kathleen's face, I can tell she's the one manipulating the water. So far I notice Violet can use electricity and water. Two abilities?

The pool surface suddenly rotates then it grows skyward into a waterspout! It dances left then right, Kathleen moving the pool under the spout to control it. It picks up speed as it makes it's way toward Violet.

My hands start aching, I realise I'm griping the arm of my chair, I look at my hand's white knuckles. When I look up, I'm amazed.