Chapter 30

~ Prince

My parents sit at the end of the long rectangle dinner table in our dinning hall of the palace. My father the head of table, my mother to his right. I sit at the other end, my brother sits to my left. We're all dressed in our finest royal formal dining attire.

I reflect on the day as I wait for the girls to come in.

I wasn't expecting that kind of intimacy from Violet. Especially after her attitude at the breakfast table. Her inexperience a stumbling block, but when she started to flirt I was snared.

Her playful timid kisses on my neck, her shy, unsure hands created a feeling of excitement and longing. It turned me on to think she was learning with me, that I'd be her first everything. Well, except kiss, that dirty vampire, I wish it were me that killed him.

Her touch I craved and as her confidence grew, she literally blew my mind. I knew I couldn't leave until I did something with her. I finally got to taste her lips, Goddess it was good. If I hadn't known she was my mate before, I would have known after that kiss. It had a honey sweet flavor, with a slight tingle that reminded me of pop rocks candy.

I was so lost in her kiss, skin, her touch. I got this idea, but I wasn't sure if she would go for it. She must have been lost too, she took to it well...

Once I guided her hand and she had me in her hand I almost lost it right there. It's good I have good control in that area. It would have been over before it started. Even though it wasn't actually sex, it was the most intense orgasim I have had with anyone. And I wanted to please her too. Which usually I don't care about pleasing them.

When I made my way down her body, I was expecting her to stop me at any time. Her body just leaned into my hand. I discovered she was so wet and it responded so well to my touch I knew it wouldn't be long.

I felt a surge through my body as I came on her stomach. I felt movement in the back of my mind. Its beginning, I am starting to feel my wolf. It only got worst at the river. I felt him take over during our wrestling match.

It was fun at first, but then it got serious fast. I've had a lot of training along side my warriors. Plus I've been working out with a personal trainer for kick boxing for five years now. I could feel my new strength and heightened senses grow. I made sure not to hurt her but I was not going to lose. Don't get me wrong, she was not easy to pin by no means. She definitely gave me a challenge. Her agility, and speed alone topped mine, but once I was able to get ahold of her it was done.

Half way through, I felt a new feeling. My wolf sprang to life and took over before I realized what happened. I could see and feel everything but had no control of my body. All I could do was watch helplessly.

His thoughts were everywhere and his eyes were on her. Once pinned, he kisses her, claiming her all the while he's thinking, mine...mate. His voice deep and baritone echoes through my mind.

Through his connection with Violet, I can hear another wolf whimper. It was her wolf! Was she wakened by my wolf or has it always been awake?

I'm not sure, she did seem too powerful in that colosseum for her to have a slumbering wolf. I'll have to ask her later. We really need to talk. I can't procrastinate anymore.

If Dominic didn't show up, I'm sure my wolf would have claimed her there. I see what Leo was saying about controlling him. I was having trouble reining him in. He must have used too much energy too fast because I gained control again in an instant.

After Violet left, Dominic and I talked for awhile. I haven't seen him much since he got out of the hospital. He's been avoiding me. The reports I was getting back from Leo are normal activities. He didn't seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary. He stayed at home more. And wandered the halls of the palace.

I asked him about it, he said his mama was sick. I checked into later, Beta Keith confirmed it. Maybe I was quick to assume. But then again, the conversation we had next left me feeling uncomfortable.

He was concerned I was spending too much time with Violet and not with the other girls. He has known for a while how important finding my true mate is to me. I left for a year to go looking for her throughout my kingdom. So what is his problem now.

He asked if I thought she was my mate. If he is working with the enemy, then he already knows that she is. But if he isn't then I would have told him, he's my best friend. So I tell him I do, because she is, there's no question of that now.

I'm not sure how much he saw when he approached us, but he didn't bring it up. But he had his doubts and insisted I give the other girls time. He seemed to get along with her a little bit ago. I changed the subject and offered to go back to the pub and get a drink.

The rest of the day dragged. I trained more with my trainer, jogged a few laps around the garden. Got together with Father and had casually conversations. He felt the contest was going well. He was looking forward to the meals we picked out for the girls to cook. Finally it was time to come to dinner.

I want this round to be over as soon as possible. Then I can start ditching these wannabes and get to courting my Queen. I pushed the performance part of the the contest to tonight after this dinner. I know it doesn't give the girls much time to prepare. But I don't care, that's for father not me. I already know who I'm picking already.

The girls start flowing in and finding their places at the table. After everyone is seated, Father welcomes them. Cutting right to the chase, he begins to explain round two and how the show will proceed.

I can't help but admire Violet. She looks absolutely stunning. Her sponsor did very well with her dress and style. Simple but alluring, like her eyes. I have to say, Violet is my new favorite color.