Chapter 3 - Exam

2 months ago

OK, (Y/n), you can do this! You can absolutely do this. You killed the writing exam, and you just practiced the last two years for that! Now you're going to do amazing on the hero exam, you're gonna go to the hero course, without a doubt!
YOU GOT THIS!

As if Present Mic's voice hadn't been loud enough he had a microphone now.

Just.

Why.

Was this torture part of the training?

Did they start to torment us early??

"YOU WILL HAVE TO DESTROY ROBOTS TO GET POINTS.."

Wha- how, whaa.. Des-destroying ROBOTS? I CAN'T DO THAT!
I GOT THIS MY ASS! I'm so gonna fail this miserably..

"BEEEEGIN!"

As on que, everyone started running, while you were still shocked and paralyzed. You couldn't do anything, not with your quirk.

...Unless...

*Flashback*

"(Y/n)??" Your mother's shocked eyes stared at you with disbelief. She looked unreasonably large, like she grew 5 feet or something. But everything else was large as well. Your 4 year old self didn't have any idea what was happening.
You tried to say, yes it's me mamma, why are you so big?
But only strange squiks came out of your mouth.

Wait.

Mouth?

You tried to touch your mouth but you couldn't move your arm. It was such a strange feeling, but you didn't despise it. You were still very confused as you tried to look down to see what's wrong with your arm, only to be found staring directly at the floor.

Were you really this small? And you just started growing, NOT FAIR!
As you tried to move a little bit more, your eyes caught something, something like a
feather?
As you were trying to understand what the weird feather thing was, you subconsciously turned your gaze left towards the mirror and what followed was a scream so loud that got you unconscious.

Your mother repeatedly called your name but you couldn't hear her.

Only one thought still lingering in your little mind.

You were a bird.

*End of flashback*

You looked at the crowd in front of you. All of them very much deep into the city, or fake city, whatever that thing was. You looked cautiously around you to see if anyone was watching. As you didn't see anybody, you walked in a little secluded place close to you, took a deep breath and transformed.

You will never get tired of this feeling. It's like you were always limited, imprisoned in your body, locked on the ground, stuck.

But every time you transformed and only then, you felt free.

Looking up, you saw a bright blue sky, decorated with beautiful clouds of every shape. But you couldn't think about that right now.