Prologue

~
What's a soulmate?

Fate.

That was the only thing that could come to your mind.

A soulmate is something inevitable, unavoidable.

You had so many questions and so many doubts about the soulmate system, if it could be called that, but when you asked about it they would always tell you to just wait.

When you meet him you'll understand, they would say.

And you should just do nothing and wait to meet him, even though it could take a day, a week, a month or even a year.

Or a decade.
~

You loudly sighed, annoyance washing over your face yet again as you unwillingly dragged your feet to the mirror. Your hand lifted your shirt up ever so slightly, just enough for you to see it - the strange words etched on your skin.

From the moment someone is born into this world, they have a soulmate tattoo on their body. Words that represent the first sentence their soulmate would say to them.

And sometimes people would have peculiar tattoos. Those individuals would often be in a talk show and become a meme.

For example, one of the most popular ones was "And you are now blessed with the poop of the pigeon." That was like two years ago but the shirts with the quote are still selling.

Your uncle even owned one. He was always such a meme lord.

You rolled your eyes with a small smile before glancing at the tattoo.

Just who was your soulmate?

As you stared at the cursed sentence of the first words your soulmate would say to you, you could swear it was laughing at your face.

Aren't you a special fucking snowflake you bitch?

You exhaled deeply and pulled your shirt down. Your tattoo was not peculiar, it was a profanity.

And a bullying magnet.

Because as soon as people realized what words mean, they immediately knew your soulmate is gonna be a kind, lovely and sweet person who's gonna respect and cherish you.
.
.
.

Lol.

All this aside, you still wondered if somehow you'll be compatible with him. People would say that even though sometimes soulmates seemed different they strangely worked well in the end.

You snickered at the thought.

How can people who are completely different get along perfectly? It just doesn't make sense.

You shook your head and grabbed your favorite caramel ice cream before turning the TV on. It was the end of the Sports festival and champions were getting awards.

Your eyes immediately landed on the guy that held the gold medal in his mouth. He looked like a wild animal with anger issues. You gulped your ice cream in disbelief.

Is he angry that he won?

Bruh.

You were mentally praying for the well being of his soulmate.

You put your palms together and closed your eyes. "May the poor girl rest in peace."

Amen.

You glanced at the TV once again. Now they were showing the audience.

You suddenly felt melancholic when you saw parents cheering for their children on the stadium.

You turned the TV off and closed your eyes with a small sigh.

"Mom, Dad, I'm gonna find you. No matter where you are.

I promise."

.
.
.

(Author note - I edited the prologue in because I felt like the story needed one (ꈍᴗꈍ))