Chapter 32 - The Peak

"Since when do you know how to cook?"

"Nana!" You exclaimed and pouted. She just ate the katsudon and clearly enjoyed it, but she had to tease you.. "My soulmate taught me."

"What a funny coincidence. Because you don't know how to cook you got yourself a soulmate who does." She said cheekily as she put another spoonful in her mouth.

You gave her a small glare. The teasing obviously ran in the family. Your grandma was the origin and your mom and uncle inherited it. And you haven't escaped the teasing gene either.

Not to forget you also had a  soulmate who was a teasing supreme..

Your eyes widened as soon as you thought of Bakugou. You haven't showed Nana what he looks like! At the same moment you jumped and grabbed your phone before entering the King folder.

"Nana, look!" You shoved the phone in her face, the picture of Bakugou having a resting bitch face while you had a huge smile illuminating the screen.

She squinted her eyes before taking the glasses from the table and putting them on. She proceeded to stare at the photo before replying. "My, my, what a handsome young man. This is the same person who told you that profanity?"

You nodded instantly. She was talking about your soulmate tattoo. "His name is Katsuki. He swears a lot and he's angry most of the time." You said like it was the most natural thing in the world. "And he's also very straightforward and has no filter." You scrolled the picture on your phone that was still in your Nana's hands before coming to your favorite. "But look at his calm sleeping face! Just look at it!"

Nana just chuckled and lightly shook her head. "Ah, this reminds me of the good old days, when I met your grandpa.. "

Please no, not the good old days..

Everything but the good old days!

Your prayers unfortunately weren't answered and you spent another 43 minutes and 25 seconds listening to the story of how Nana met your grandpa for the fifth time. And yes, you were counting.

"Well I should go to bed. I have to admit, I was really surprised that you visited, especially knowing you're a couch potato."

"Of course I would visit! Especially when I heard you're sick!" You defended. Uncle told you she was not well and alone so you couldn't just leave her by herself.

"Oh dear, I have these types of colds every few weeks. This is nothing a warm miso soup can't fix." She said and yawned. "Good night (Y/n)."

"..'Night Nana." You mumbled in confusion. Just a normal cold? Why were you here then, instead of the Training camp with Bakugou and your friends? Why did Keigo tell you to come?

You tried to recollect your memory. Keigo visits Nana often so he must know about the insignificance of her colds. Yet he told you that she was sick and that you should come visit her right after the finals.

Did he not want you at the Training camp?

But why? Why shouldn't you be there? He must've had a good reason. Maybe something bad will happen?

Is Katsuki okay?

You bit your lip and scrolled the text messages with Bakugou until you found the message you've been looking for.

The directions to the training camp.

You went to check up on Nana to see she was already asleep. You closed her door silently and turned the lights off in the house before locking the entrance door from the inside. When you were all set, you finally transformed into falcon and flew out of your bedroom window.