Chapter 22 - Mitsuki

"I've found something about your parents." Aizawa told you with a bored expression.

It was lunch time currently and he was kind enough to snatch you on your empty stomach and bring you to his special office - Nap room.

"What did you find?" You asked curiously. For the last two years since they disappeared you tried to find any lead possible, but to no avail. It was as if they completely vanished.

And your uncle was of no help, even though it was his older sister that disappeared.

*Flashback*

"Mom, Dad, I'm home!" You took your shoes off and came inside the house happily. While scanning the house for your parents you came face to face with your uncle.

"Hey Owlet." he said with a forced smile. Your face lit up as soon as you saw him because you loved to play with him every time he visited. But then you noticed his eyes were surrounded by a reddish hue, as if he was crying.

In that moment, something just clicked in your brain.

"Where are they?" You immediately ran across your house and opened up every room in desperation. "MOM! DAD!" You screamed while opening the closets in delusion, as if they were playing hide and seek with you.

Your uncle grabbed your shaking form and turned you to face him. "(Y/n) listen to me. Something happened on their mission yesterday and.. no one could find them since."

"But they're alive... right?" Tears were streaming down your face as Teigo embraced your shaking form.

"I don't know Owlet. But if they are, we're gonna find them. I promise you."

*End of flashback*

Even though he promised you he'll find them, he wasn't moving much with his research to your knowledge. Because every time you would ask him if there was any new lead, he would either tell you there's still nothing or he would very skillfully evade the subject.

"On the mission when they disappeared, they were after a villain named Collector. If you find the Collector, there's a possibility you can find them as well." Aizawa took a sip of his coffee while he let you process the information.

"So I just have to find the Collector?" Your eyes beamed with light. If there was a possibility your parents were alive, you would go to the end of the World just to make sure.

"It's easier said than done. Nobody has seen or heard anything about the Collector since that mission, two years ago." Aizawa sighed and gave you the file.

You quickly scanned it. Before you was a picture of a beautiful woman, perhaps in her mid-twenties. She had long blonde hair and striking violet eyes, but her most dominant feature was her seemingly kind smile. You internally cringed.

"Don't let the face fool you. At the time, she was a leader of some secret organisation no one knew about. Your parents were somehow onto her, before any other pro hero."

You nodded bitterly. "So there's really no way to find her?" You looked at the description on the paper. Words like leader, secret organisation and missing could be seen, but nothing about her quirk.

"No." He breathed out, hint of sadness in his emotionless voice. "Unless you find a hacker."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

You stared at your phone in disbelief as you took the right turn on your way home instead of the usual left one. Bakugou ordered you to go to the shop. The nerve that guy had was out of this world.