Jordan*Prom Shopping

A/N: So...its been a while. I've missed you all! I love this fandom and we can't let it die. I'm not even going to make a schedule for now but I while do my best to post once a week but no guarantees. 

"Just come shopping with me!" I whined as I plodded behind Naomi. Her sigh was a familiar sound, but I knew she would crack. I hope. "Please?" Naomi quickened her step and was speed walking to the car where the boys were waiting. "Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please- "

"Shut up!" Naomi whipped around, face red, as we finally arrived at the car, "I don't like shopping!"

The boys looked confused as Naomi clambered into the front seat with a scowl. "What did you do?" Bennett said with his face scrunched up.

My shrug was met by an eyebrow raise and I sighed, "Fine maybe I was a bit pushy. I need someone to go prom dress shopping with and Naomi doesn't want to go,"

"Why don't you go with your mum?" Declan asked.

"Because- "I stopped to think about the nicest way to say it, "That's just kinda well – look I just want a friend to go with me. It's like a girl thing to talk to your friends about it,"

Bennett walked to the other side, getting in the front seat. This was basically our queue to get in or walk. Declan opened the door while saying, "Its not that big a deal. Just order it online or something,"

"That's not the point," I sighed as I climbed into my designated middle seat before Jordan got in squishing me in between them. Jordan gave me a small smile before he plugged himself in. the car was silent. Jordan and Declan didn't even squabble.

When we arrived at the base Naomi went to her room to do homework, Bennett got in the kitchen, and Declan beelined it for his Xbox. I just dumped my bag at the door and decided to head to my room.

Sitting on my bed, phone in hand, a knock disturbed me. "Come in," I said, barely loud enough for whoever knocked to hear. No one ever knocks.

"You alright?" Jordan's head poked through the door.

"Yeah, I guess," I shrugged, "I was just being- "I sighed "overdramatic I guess,"

Jordan shut the door before sitting on the edge of my bed. I shuffled over so he could sit. "Whatcha doing?"

"Looking at prom dresses," I slightly tilted my phone to him.

He seemed to pause to think as if I was a dog who wanted to bite him "Why does it bother you? Like why you want to go shopping?"

"It's just- "I paused. There was no way not to sound mean.

"Just say it. I know you're not nasty. Well deliberately," he joked.

I rolled my eyes lightly, "Look prom is really not a big deal. Like its just some big party or whatever but I like parties. And I love Naomi but when you hear all the other girls going out together and planning there dresses its just-I feel left out. Because I like clothes and fashion and makeup and all the other girly gumpf but I'm not girly? Or not like overly girly and it just feels like I've got no one to talk to about it. And it's not even that I think Naomi's advice is better than my mums but she's my friend and I want to go with a friend. Like I want that experience. And I know it sounds dumb but- "

"It doesn't sound dumb," Jordan cut me off before I became blue in the face, "you just want someone with the same interests,"

"Basically yeah. But I don't know how to say that without offending her or her thinking I'm judging her. I mean its Naomi, who knows if she'll even go," I groaned, throwing myself back into my duvet, "So yeah, I'm jealous of other people's friendships,"