Teach Me

Bennett: 

"Is all your food microwaved?" Bennett asked as he walked into my room, plopping onto my bed. He had his laptop back in one hand and a bag of snacks in the other.

I look up from my noodles with my eyebrow raised, "Only when no one's home to cook," I say like it's the most obvious thing ever.

Bennett rolls his eyes as he brings up Netflix. "You could cook something,"

rolling my eyes, I only set my noodles down to inspect the snacks he brought. "Good decisions," I tell him, holding the skittles, "But since your here...cook for me?"

"I'm not your housewife," he scoffs, "Make your own dinner,"

"You make it for me at the base," I pout, leaning on his shoulder, "Pretty please? You know I can't cook,"

Bennett shakes his head, "And let you watch teen wolf without me? Never,"

"It's not my fault you haven't seen it before," I pout. he shrugs and brings up the show. I sigh loudly. then louder. and louder. "Please!"

"Nope," he said, popping the p, "You're cute when you're annoyed,"

"Teach me?"

somehow, I managed to cook spaghetti without burning the water. ignore the tomato sauce on the wall, broken pasta on the floor, and what I think was garlic bread on the ceiling.

"This is pretty good," I say, before taking another bite, "Best I've made," I say through the food.

Bennett is standing in the middle of the kitchen, looking at the ceiling. "How? when? what? I left for a minute," he sounded defeated, turning to me, "How/"

"Don't ask, just eat,"

"You are so not allowed to cook again,"

Jordan

"Wake up idiot, its time," Jordan woke with a start, jumping so hard he rolled out his bed, covers and all. "Really?" I ask, standing over him, arms crossed.

He looks up, squinting at me, "Yeah, really. what the hell are you doing here?"

"I told you, it's time," I sat, crossed legged in front of him, "I need you to teach me how to code,"

once Jordan recovered from his 'dramatic event' to quote him, baby, he sat across from me, him on his bed, me on his desk chair. "And why do you need to code?"

"It's simple really," I avoid eye contact, "I may have sent the wrong file to my English teacher and I need into his email."

Jordan blinks, once, twice, "What did you send?" he asked slowly.

I grimace, "You know how I really like Harry Potter,"

"Yeah?"

"And I like writing,"

"Yeah?"

My face somehow contorts even more, "And I'm a teenager going through puberty. with hormonal changes-"

"YOU SENT HARRPY POTTER SMUT TO MR PAYNE!?" Jordan all but yells.

"Shh!" I glare, "Okay maybe. but its somehow worse,"

"How? how in the hell can it be worse,"

I cross my arms and stare at the carpet, "It may or may not be a ...gay one..."

Jordan stayed silent for a moment, "Let's get you that password,"

As Jordan typed, he told me what he was doing. something about a wall or encryption. I don't really understand. "Now all you need to do is type true and press enter," he stood back from the computer.

I looked at him to double check. he nodded, and I took a breath typing it in, pressing enter. a small box popped up saying, 17 minutes 43 seconds, "And now we wait," Jordan said, sitting on his bed. "Watcha wanna do?"

Standing up, I straightened my top, "That's what got you into this mess in the first place," Jordan said. I hum in discontent as I look at the screen.

wiggling the mouse, the screen lights up and I grin, "I'm in,"

As I deleted the email Jordan came over to look at the screen. an email caught his eye, "Mr. Payne has Tumblr? click it,"

Declan

"I need your help," I told Declan, flopping down onto the couch next to him. he didn't look away from his video game, "That video game you play with the shooting in ww2,"

"Call of duty?"

"Teach me,"

"What, why?" Declan pauses his game.

I shrug, "I wanna be able to play with you," Declan look of doubt cut me off, "Okay so my cousin says girls can't play Xbox so I need to whoop his ass,"

"But you don't like Xbox?"

"I know. PC's better. But I need to prove a point. Help,"

"Okay," He shrugs, grabbing a controller.

"Really?"

"Sure," he nods, loading the game, "I love proving people wrong. I also love beating people in games," I roll my eyes but focus on the screen, "Ready?"

"Die you son of a -" I'm cut off by a loud beep from my phone. Glancing at the phone I see it's the next day, "We've been playing 14 hours!"

"So?" Declan shrugs.

"I'm meant to go meet my cousin..." I trail off, looking at the screen. ."Fuck that this is too fun,"

Naomi

"Screw maths! screw quadratics! screw Mr. Tomlinson!" I announce, flopping onto the bases couch. "Kill me," I ask Bennett,

"Sorry. Jordan's at the top of my list,"

"I didn't mean to burn the skittles,"

"Why were you cooking FUCKING skittles!" Bennett yells.

I sit up, backing away from Bennett, raising my hands in defense, "Let's calm down. And focus on me,"

"Why don't you just study?" Declan asks.

"Geez Declan. I never thought of that. Wow. So amazing. Run for president," My voice oozed sarcasm.

"Cant. Not orange enough and my hair hasn't gone moldy."

I roll my eyes.

Naomi rolled her eyes, looking over at us, "The homework isn't that hard,"

I stare at her, blinking, once, twice, thrice, "Teach me.,"

"What?"

"Teach me,"

"No-"

"I thought you loved me," I groan. "Please,"

But you're such a bad student,"

"So? that doesn't stop our love,"

"Fine. " she gives in. "Get your textbook,"

"Don't sound so defeated, yet,"

It was only after Naomi almost pulled out her hair I gave up, "You know what. I quit, "What>?" she asked. "I'm just gonna ask Jordan how to cheat."

She stares at me blankly, "I'm not gonna stop you this time,"