1.24

"Would you like to come in?" Charlotte asked softly as she looked up at her mates who stood outside her bedroom door.

"Only if you are alright with it." Marcus smiled at her, though she could clearly see Caius peeking into her room from behind Aro.

She nodded and stepped aside to let the three Kings enter. As they walked passed her she thought about how odd this truly was. The Three Kings of vampires standing in her small bedroom. She looked them over as they looked over her bedroom. Marcus went straight to her books, scanning over the titles and she could see the gears in his head turning. Unknown to her, he was actually making lists of the authors and genres she enjoyed so he could add them to the library. Then there was Caius who was staring intently at her photo wall, eyes focusing on the details of her facial expressions in each one. He was painting images of her as a child in her mind. And Aro was looking out her bedroom window. She figured he didn't need to go over her belongings. He already knew everything about her from her own thoughts. She decided to let the other two look through her room and she joined Aro at the window. 

"It is a lovely view, my dear." 

"It is... do you have good views at the castle?"

"We do. Quite a few different kinds of views actually. Depending on which wing you're in."

"How large is this castle?"

"Four stories, if you don't include the towers which are six stories. The different levels are for each of the different ranks in our coven."

"Oh?"

"The humans that work for us all either live in the surrounding apartments or have a room on the first floor. That's also where the throne room. In the very center. The second floor is for the lower guard members and any guests we have. The third floor is for the Royal and Elite Guard. And the fourth is ours."

"Ours..."

"There are four wings of our floor. One four each of us."

"I have one?"

"Once we learned of your existence we had the lower guard begin remodeling the north wing for you."

"Which wing is yours?"

"I have the West Wing. Caius has the South and Marcus had the East. The center is our common area. A living room."

"I see. So the different views?"

"Your wing of the castle has marvelous views of the gardens and maze. Mine overlooks the many vine yards and wineries in the country side. Marcus has a much more calm view of the mountains. And Caius over looks the city."

"You have a maze?" her mouth dropped open and she blushed when Aro raised a brow at her. 

"I will give you a private tour if you wish." mischief danced in his eyes and she bit her lip to keep from letting shameful thoughts fill her head. Though he would learn about them the next time his skin met hers anyway. He already had been eyeing her after he learned she had been having... naughty dreams since they met. Thankfully, he hadn't brought it up... yet. 

"It is getting late. You have had a trying day. You should rest, my love." Marcus was suddenly standing behind her and she jumped. That was something she would have to get used to. 

"I guess I should... You don't sleep do you?" She wondered what all vampires were capable of and what they were unable to do that she could. Eating was one. 

"No." Aro answered simply.

"So what will you do?" she asked and noticed that Caius had moved to hover by her bed.

"We need to meet with the guard and wolves to go over some details about the return to Volterra." Caius said and she wondered what he was staring at so intently on her bed. 

"Do... do you all need to go for that?" She licked her lip and tried to ignore the way Marcus and Aro's eyes followed her tongue's movement.

"Would you like one of us to stay with you?" Aro raised a brow and she saw his hands twitch. He was eager to know what she was thinking. 

"I didn't know you were so eager, Angel. But you should wait until we return home. Wouldn't want your Uncle to over hear." Caius smirked and leaned in close to her face, his nose brushing against hers. 

"Not for that! Just... I feel a lot more calm around you now. It would be nice to spend some more time with you." she yelped and took a step back, her cheeks red and lips pouted out. 

"I suppose one of us can stay for a while. Until you fall asleep." Marcus raised a brow and looked like he was about to volunteer, but Caius interrupted him.

"Well brothers. I envy you. Getting to enjoy ordering the guard around and preparing for our long awaited return. Honestly I wish I could join you, but alas our mate longs for my attention." Caius purred and Charlotte held in a giggle as he started to shoo his brothers out the window. 

Aro and Marcus glared at their brother unamused. 

"It's okay. We can have our own personal time at some point too. Promise." she promised and tried to get them to stop burning holes in Caius with their eyes. They focused on her for a moment before both sighing and going back to glaring. 

"You are truly unbelievable." Marcus scoffed.

"A nuisance." Aro agreed, but she could see the brotherly love in their ruby eyes. 

"Good night, brothers." Caius smirked and opened the window for them to leave. 

Charlotte waved goodbye over his shoulder and smiled softly at them before they rolled their eyes and disappeared out the window. Once they were gone she glanced up at Caius and felt her heart race uncontrollably. She stepped back slowly to her bed and gasped as she saw what Caius had found on her bed. She tried to remain as calm as possible as she picked it up and placed it in her nightstand. Out of sight. Out of mind. Behind her Caius was grinning madly. 

"Do you need to get ready for bed in private, Angel?" Caius tilted his head to the side and the action reminded her of cat eyeing its prey. Though she didn't feel the danger from when Sam had targeted her. This was a different kind of hunting. 

"I need to take a bath." she gulped and picked up her toiletries from her dresser, fingers curling around her bathrobe and towel.

"I am assuming you don't want me to join you?" Caius purred and his gaze made her body tingle.

"Um, no... but if the curtain is closed you can sit in the bathroom with me... if you swear to behave." she gave him a look and he chuckled. 

"What makes you think I won't behave?" he smirked and she glared at him until he lifted his hands in the air, "Alright, I swear to behave."