The Slap *Updated 12/13/23*

Charlotte was bouncing on her toes as she watched people pass her by, standing as high up as she could hoping to see either Alice or Bella

Charlotte was bouncing on her toes as she watched people pass her by, standing as high up as she could hoping to see either Alice or Bella. They had landed a few minutes ago and she was desperate to find them. To see with her own eyes that both girls (and Edward) were in fact perfectly safe even though she had just listened to all three voices clear as day moments before on the phone. She had told Uncle Charlie that Bella had been 'kidnapped' by some girl friends for a weekend in Seattle, to help her cope. A bold lie that she was hopeful to never have brought up ever again for fear she would fumble over her words. Uncle Charlie was so happy that she was out of the house that he didn't even bother to ask who she went with, when she would be back, or anything. He only was worried about whether or not she took enough money with her. That she could treat herself right. 

"Did she take her wallet when they picked her up? I can transfer some funds into her account! Do you think 200 will be enough? Should I do 300?"

As she scanned over the crowds she failed to notice a dirty blonde man with sunglasses watching her from one of the airport cafes. He was dressed in all gray and had people scurrying away when he glanced at them. The man radiated danger, but he was not here to cause harm to his Queen. He was there only to watch over her, to learn everything there was to know and guard her with his entire life on the line. The very moment he had settled his eyes on her he felt it. The same pull Alice did. There was no question in his head that this was the woman destined to be his Queen. Only one person noticed him for what he truly was and that was Jasper Cullen who had gotten off the phone with Alice, now hurrying to Charlotte's side. The curly blonde keeping one eye on him as he carefully approached her behind, pushing the feeling of content and safety towards the Guard to ensure he knew Jasper meant no harm. 

"Excuse me, ma'am?" Jasper's thick accented voice knocked her from her thoughts and she clutched at her chest.

"My God!" She shrieked and turned to find the golden eyed God of War, dressed in a blue button up and black jeans, an anxious attempt at a smile on his face. 

Jasper kept a smile on his face as he felt the aura of rage and murderous intent from Demetri. The bloodlust pooling in the air around the Guard like the thick fog outside the airport. The Guard believing him much to close to his Queen and angry at him for frightening her. Jasper swallowed nervously as he watched him shift his weight, prepared to leap across the crowd and tore him apart if he so much as flinched wrong. His years of training and fighting causing his instincts to scream that while he was a well known warrior... that he was completely and utterly outmatched by the famed tracker. 

"I am sorry, ma'am. My name is Jasper Hale. Are you Charlotte Frost?" Jasper already knew the answer because of Demetri's rage and the sneaky photo Alice has taken of the girl a couple of days before after she had seen her vision. It was hard for him to imagine this woman was the Queen of his kind. She seemed so soft and fragile.

"That's right ... Hale? One of Dr. Cullen's foster children?" Charlotte narrowed her eyes, noticing the same golden eyes that Alice possessed. She had heard that two of Dr. Cullen's foster kids were actually siblings from Texas. This boy had the accent and Alice's eyes. So maybe? His next words proved her wrong. Very wrong. She honestly felt a little gross for even thinking the two were related.