forty-four

"Jules! Julia!"

There were footsteps in the hallway, that were louder than the muted music coming from downstairs. Julia had been listening to the music while sitting on the bed in a room she had never seen before.

She had no idea how long she had been in the room already; it could've been ten minutes or maybe an hour.

Right after she laid down on the bed she had passed out and she didn't know for how long. But once she woke up she immediately remembered why she locked herself up in the room, so she decided not to leave and instead sit on the bed and just stare at the wall, doing nothing.

"Where the fuck are you?! Are you here?!"

It was Dom who was walking in the hallway, luckily it was. Julia smiled and wanted to answer him, but he already banged on the bedroom door, making her jump.

"Julia!"

"Dom?"

Even though there was a door in between them and the music was still audible upstairs, Julia could hear Dom sighing in relief.

"Thank god. Open the door for me."

Julia slowly got off the bed, making sure she wouldn't fall on the ground as everything was still spinning around her. She opened the door and saw Dom looking at her with worried eyes.

The first thing she noticed was how his hair was a lot messier than when they entered the party, but that was definitely not something Dom was worried about.

"Thank fucking god. Why the hell are you here? Alone?" he asked her, way harsher than Julia could actually handle. He was holding her face, like he had done right before he left the party, but this time he definitely didn't look like he was about to kiss her.

"Are you mad?" Julia asked him softly, shaking a little.

"Actually, yes. I can't fucking leave the party for thirty minutes or you get lost because you felt the need to get fucking wasted. I searched for you everywhere downstairs. I was really fucking worried."

So apparently she had been in the room for about thirty minutes.

Dom wasn't screaming at her, but the tone in his voice was enough for Julia to still be scared. She wanted to defend herself, but all she could say was: "I was hiding."

"For what? As a fucking game?"

Julia shook her head as she started to tear up a little bit. Dom saw it immediately, and his expression softened a little, but he still looked angry.

"For Benjamin."

"For Ben- What did he- Did he do something?"

Dom squinted his eyes a little more and frowned.

Julia didn't respond to him and looked into Dom's eyes, her mind completely somewhere else. It felt like everything was floating and she didn't even know what she was saying.

She didn't even notice how Dom let her face go to lock the door, until he grabbed her face again and got her attention.

"Did he do something to you?" he asked her again.

"He touched- He touched my boob. And tried to... kiss me and then-," Julia finally answered him as she slowly laid her own hand on her breast on the exact spot Benjamin had touched her.

"He- Are you serious?" Dom asked her, still harsh but not angry anymore, just worried.

"Julia look at me. Are you serious?"

All Julia could do was stare into Dom's eyes. She didn't even nod nor say yes, but it was enough for Dom to know that she was in fact serious.