seventy

"Dom baby are you asleep?" Julia whispered as she touched his cheek lightly with the tips of her fingers. Dom didn't move and Julia smiled fondly as she adjusted the hood of her hoodie he was wearing so it wouldn't fall off of his head.

She turned the volume of the tv down a little so it wouldn't wake him up, and it honestly surprised her he hadn't woken up from it already, as the sounds coming from it were pretty loud.

Maybe it was because the sounds were all too familiar for him to wake up from it: they were watching the Lion King together for the umpteenth time. Dom had insisted to do that, because he told her it was his favorite thing to do together. And of course Julia couldn't say no to that.

The movie hadn't even been playing for twenty minutes, though, and Dom had already fallen asleep. Julia couldn't blame him for it: she knew he was tired because he had stayed up all night the night before to make sure she was okay. And now he was at her house, again to make sure she was okay.

The fact that he was with her now was enough for Julia to feel better, even though Dom was asleep. She didn't care. She knew Dom would blame himself though, that was how he was.

Julia kissed his forehead softly as she couldn't resist it, but she made sure she did it extra softly so it wouldn't wake him up. Then she turned off the lights and crawled closer to Dom as she kept watching the movie.

She wasn't really focusing, though. Instead she was unconsciously playing with the ring around Dom's finger, her promise ring, while continuing to remind herself of things that had happened that day. So she wouldn't forget them.

For some reason she thought that was the best way to fight against her memory loss. Obviously it didn't work like that. In fact, it only made it worse.

As Julia was listing every single thing Dom had said to her and the things she had texted him back, she noticed how she completely forgot what they had talked about that morning. And that was the beginning of a lot of things she couldn't remember anymore.

"Fuck, fuck fu-"

Julia moved away from Dom and sat up straight only to stare into the darkness, squeezing her eyes as she tried to recall her memory.

"What the fuck! What the-"

Julia aggressively grabbed the blankets and squeezed them tightly as she moved her knees up to lay her head on them.

"Baby," Dom suddenly whispered, causing Julia to jump because the panic had caused her to completely forget Dom had been sleeping next to her.

"What's wrong?"

He moved and a second later he turned the lights on so he could look into her eyes. The hood she had just adjusted on his head had fallen off and his hair was one mess, but he didn't even run his hand through it like he always did in the morning.

"I can't even- I can't even remember-" Julia stuttered, squeezing the blankets more tightly as she groaned in frustration.

"Honey," Dom breathed out, reaching out to grab her hands and pull them away from the sheets she was holding. She let them go eventually and let Dom turn her a little so she was looking at him. Once they made eye contact he let go of her hands and held her face with both of his hands.

"I told you it's gonna come back. Your memory," he whispered soothingly, his eyes big like he always had when he was saying something serious.

"I can barely remember anything from this morning," Julia told him, rather sad than angry now. She unconsciously pouted and Dom did the same only to make her smile a little, before he let her face go and hugged her.