sixty

Four months later

"I have already delayed your art assignment by a week so I'm expecting all of your paintings to be done by Friday."

Julia giggled as she closed her notebook and put it back in her bag. "I haven't even finished my sketch yet."

"Bro," Max laughed as he shook his head fondly. "I'm sorry to break it to you but it was so much work, you can never finish that in three days."

"It's not that I still had a chance to pass this year, though. I've been doing everything just for the sake of it since February."

Julia stood up from her chair and followed Max out of the classroom. Her best friend turned his head and shrugged.

"Touche. Miss Jenkins wouldn't even be surprised anymore if you hand in your sketch only."

"She already gave up on me."

They both laughed as they walked to the exit of the building. It had been a long day full of lectures and Julia couldn't wait to just go home and watch a simple movie to which she would probably fall asleep eventually.

"Hey Jules!"

Madison, one of her group mates in music class, walked up to her and smiled widely. Julia smiled back and gave her a quick hug, considering they hadn't seen each other for two weeks.

"I was just thinking of you when I saw you walking in the hallway," Madison informed her, still smiling.

"Why were you thinking of me?" Julia frowned but smiled back fondly quickly after.

"Because of what I sent you on Instagram earlier today."

Julia looked at her friend confusedly and searched for her phone while saying "I actually haven't been on my phone all day. I have no idea what is going on on Instagram."

"Wait," Madison mumbled as she unlocked her phone and typed something quickly before turning the screen to show Julia what she meant.

It took a moment for Julia to process what her friend was showing her, but her heart went from a normal beat to pounding. She smiled wider than ever once she realized what she had read.

"On tour," she mumbled, biting her lip to hide her excitement.

"Why are you that happy? Yungblud is your ex right?"

"Dom's my ex yeah. But I know this was-"

She couldn't help but look down at her shoes as she had to hold herself in from not reacting too happily.

"This was his literal dream."

"Damn Jules." Madison laughed and put her phone away. "I hate my exes but you look like you're still fucking in love with that guy."

"I'm not."

She was. She definitely was still in love with Dom. There had not been a day where Dom hadn't crossed her mind or where she hadn't scrolled through their old texts, staring at every selfie he ever sent her.

Every time she saw a picture of him on her timeline her heart would just stop. She would look at every picture he posted, trying to figure out how his day had been by only looking at his face and the background.