sixty-five

Julia didn't even notice she had fallen asleep in Dom's car as he was driving her to his house, but she only figured that out once she woke up in his bed, hearing loud voices coming out of the living room.

"So you were like 'oh let's take my fucking ex home and let her sleep in my bed while my girlfriend isn't home'?!"

"She was doing bad, Ash! I offered her to shower here but she fell asleep in my car!"

"So you carried her inside and laid her down in your bed?! On the exact side where I always sleep?!"

"Yes because I'm not heartless!"

Dom's voice cracked and it caused them both to be silent for a few seconds. Julia had her mouth pressed shut and didn't even want to sit up in bed, knowing it would make noise. Not that it mattered, because Ashley apparently already knew she was here.

"You could've woken her up and told her she could shower and then go, Dom. It's not that hard," Ashley told Dom on a calmer tone.

"I just- I didn't want to," Dom stuttered as an answer.

"I can't believe you Dom, I really can't."

There was pain audible in Ashley's voice as well, and Julia couldn't help but feel guilty about being at Dom's house. She knew she was the reason Dom and his girlfriend were now fighting, and Dom's girlfriend seemed pretty sweet.

"I'm sorry okay?" Dom told Ashley sadly. "Julia and I ran into each other and she was sad because she was fighting her best friend. And I know her best friend is important to her so I wanted to help her."

"That's the thing," Ashley immediately answered, raising her voice again. "The thing is that she's your ex and you shouldn't be helping her with things like this. She's out of your life and you're out of hers."

"Yeah," Dom mumbled. Julia couldn't deny that what Ashley said to Dom hurt her feelings a little bit. She knew Dom was basically out of her life, but she hated to hear it like that.

"You told me you were over her," Ashley went on, hurting Julia's feelings even more. "And that you were never thinking about her anymore. But that isn't very convincing when you go out to meet her and help her with-"

"I told you we ran into each other!" Dom cut Ashley off, sounding desperate. His girlfriend sighed and there was a short silence before Dom's voice got all soft as he said "Ash, you know I fucking love you."

Julia knew she should have stopped listening to the conversation at the very start, because everything Dom and Ashley said was breaking her heart more and more. But it was impossible not to listen to them, as there was nothing else Julia could distract herself with. She didn't even dare to move, still.

"If you love me then please make sure she's gone when I come back," Ashley said sternly and a second later there were footsteps in the living room, fading away slowly. Julia knew Ashley was heading to the front door.

"Where are you going?" Dom asked Ashley sadly.

"Just- make her leave please," was Ashley's answer before she opened the door. Dom was quick to breathe out a sad "I'm so sorry Ash" before the door closed.

The house was completely silent for a while, and weirdly enough Julia still didn't move. She kept staring at the white ceiling while thinking about what Ashley and Dom just said and what was going to happen now.

A part of Julia hoped that Dom would come in the room any moment, so they could just talk and she could look at him and his pretty eyes and pretty lips she wanted to kiss again so badly even though she never would again.