Romance is in the Air.

Giovanni's heart sunk as he stared up at the stranger. 'Oh no oh no oh no that's not (Y/n), that is not (Y/n). What's Brandon gonna say!?' He thought as he stared in fear. "Andrew, right? I'm Connor. (Y/n) is sick and couldn't make it so I'm here instead."

"Oh. I see." He quickly said before letting him into his house. He was suddenly conscious about the pill bottles and magazines lying about the house and quickly rushed to put them away. "Sorry about to mess." He smiled and walked back to Connor who was standing at the door still. "I don't have a table that we can at, so let's just sit on the couch." Connor nodded and the two sat on the couch.

Connor was a bit nervous, and would be lying if he said that he didn't think he was a little cute in some way. "So Andrew what's troubling you in math right now? If your a sophomore then it would be geometry." He stopped to look at how he was responding but he only saw a nervous smile on his face. "I hate Geometry, but its not that hard it just needs a little bit more explanation sometimes!" Giovanni nodded and took out his math homework, which was definitely not geometry. "Oh... is this algebra 1?" The surprise in his voice sort of made him feel bad, but he was only taking the class because he wasn't able to take it freshman year.

"Yeah... Do you think you can still help me?" He hoped Connor wouldn't notice how much he was shaking.

"Yeah sure this is pretty easy stuff!" Connor smiled and the two both physically relaxed and began to work. As the afternoon went on the atmosphere had a flirtatious tone that only one of them picked up on. The two had finished the homework and even studied for the test which helped Gio more than he expected because he was starting to understand it more. "Well I think you'll be ready for the test tomorrow, Andrew!"

"Andrew?" As soon as the name left his mouth he instantly became tense. He was having such a nice time that he forgot about his lie.

"What?" Connor asked, making sure he heard him correctly.

"Oh sorry, I just thought..." He paused for a moment to contain himself. "I thought I told you to call me Andy..."

"Oh, no you didn't, but I can do that from now on!" Connor giggled, to which he inwardly cursed. He couldn't help it, Giovanni, or Andrew to him, had this sort of charm to him. He knew that he definitely wasn't trying to, but it was just his whole demeanor, something about him. He also couldn't tell if it was the fact that almost everyone in the group was getting together with someone but he really did find "Andrew" attractive. He's tried to date people in his school but every one of them ended up having a flaw that he couldn't get over.

Giovanni was never one to question his sexuality. To be quite honest, he never really liked anyone in the first place. He's never gotten any attention from anyone outside from his family, and that caused him to form a quick attachment to Brandon once he showed him more than a minute of attention. Gio looked up to Brandon, he was his hero, his role model. Brandon, to him, was a brave and courageous person who was not afraid to stand up to anyone in his way. Whenever Brandon would tell him what to do Gio would feel giddy that he trusted him enough to give him something to do. Giovanni loved Brandon. Many would mistake this love for a crush, but thats not what it was. He loved him like a chikd does a parent because of how Brandon took him under his wing. It was a love for the protection and attention he would get from another human being.

"Andrew if you don't mind me asking, what's it like at the academy?" Connor asked.

"Uh..." He took a moment to think. It wasn't bad, actually it was quite tame. He knew what people thought of the academy, that it was full of children too hard to handle and criminals but in reality it was just a school for kids who weren't good around others. "Its like any other school. Just Yknow every other day theres the fight that breaks out in the cafeteria."

"Why are you in the academy anyway, you seem like a cool dude!" Giovanni's heart dropped. He was having such a time, why did he have to ask something like that!? "I-if you're ok with sharing that sort of thing. I understand if not." Connor inwardly cursed at how tense Gio had become at his question.

"I-i d- i-" He began to panic, smiling out of control at how scared he was. He didn't mean to do it, Brandon said to do it-

The room stopped spinning when Connor's phone began to ring. "Huh?" He saw Genevieve's name. "I'm sorry hold on..." He got up, answering the phone and walking outside for a moment, leaving the door open a bit on accident. Giovanni quickly took the chance to sneak up and listen to the conversation against his better judgment.

"Hello?"

"CONNOR WHERE ARE YOU I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!"

"Why? I'm tutoring, dumbo. You literally said 'GoOd LuCk On YoUr StUdY dAtE' when we left school." Giovanni felt his face burn at the mention of a date. Was this a date? He always heard of a tutoring session turning into more but he barely knew this dude! Though he was not to deny that he did find him attractive. 

"Oh... yeah. Well this is important ok I really need your advice."

"Make it quick."

"Ok well... What does it mean when a boy doesn't kiss you even though you've been dating for weeks? Am I just that repulsive?" Connor sighed and rolled his eyes. He couldn't believe she was still stuck on this fact, which she had previously bothered him about for a good 3 hours the day before.

"Genevieve I literally told you this yesterday, you are not repulsive! He's probably just a dumbass who doesn't know what romantic cues are! Besides I don't think Brandon even knows what a kiss is." Giovanni's eyes widened as his smile dropped. Did Connor just insult his best friend? He stepped away from the door unsure of what to think. How could he do this to him, he thought he was so nice. He heard Connor giggle and say goodbye to Genevieve before hanging up. He's heard some pretty nasty things about Brandon before, it wasn't new, but Brandon wasn't there to defend himself like he usually was.

Connor entered the house and smiled. He had a new aura of confidence, which Giovanni didn't understand. "Hey Andrew, sorry about that my friend is paranoid. But I've been thinking... Maybe you wanna like hang out again? Your pretty cool!" Gio took a moment to think, trying to battle his urge to call him out.

"S-sure!" He smiled nervously as he began to scratch his side. "Sure yes that sounds great, you have my number right? Good! I have to be alone now because I have to do stuff like tske medication so maybe we should end this here!" He began rushing around the living room cleaning up while Connor stood in slight confusion and yet still a bubble feeling in his stomach. Gio picked up his guests backpack and handed it to him. "Very nice to meet you Connor, I hope to see you again-" As Connor grabbed his backpack his fingers touched Giovanni's wrist. His eyes widened at the tingling sensation in his arm. Their eyes met and that was when he felt it, the feeling fortify themselves in his heart and the crush on this total stranger settle in.

"Bye, Andrew!" Connor left as quickly as possible to hide the fact that his face was becoming red. Had he just done that? Not only asked him to hang but share that intense eye contact. Let's just say he had a lot to tell Genevieve when he got home.

~