Distrations.

~FlAsHbAcK~

The three males sat in the living room, just like they did when planning their Halloween costumes. Gio was still slightly salty as Brandon, though he would never show it.

"Gio I need you to do something for me." Brandon spoke as he sat on the couch next to Chris. Ready to please, Giovanni asked what he needed to do. "I changed my mind, you aren't gonna try to come to the party." Gio felt his heart sink. He was told that he could try to convince Connor to forgive him for the whole Christmas Eve ditch and that he could hang out with him at the party so he wouldn't distract Genevieve.

"What..." For once his smile dropped as he truly felt sad at the sudden change.

"Yeah, it would probably be a problem if the others saw you. I think (Y/n) might recognize you and I just don't want the trouble so you should stay home or something." He didn't even give Gio the courtesy of looking him in the eye when he told him this news.

"I have to use the bathroom" He announced as he stood up. Brandon gave him a quick glance and Gio walked away. He was beginning to tear up when he saw himself on the mirror. He then thought of something, what if he invited Connor over to his house? This would please Brandon, and maybe, get back on his good side!

~FlAsHbAcK eNd~

The week between Christmas and the New Year came and went for the teens, and they had already planned to spend their New Years Eve at a party one of their classmates was throwing.

-

Connor sat on Genevieve's bed as her and (Y/n) got ready for the party.

The plan was that Brandon and Chris were going to meet them at the party, and Allison will pick up Lainy and Beth. Most of the time they all wished one of them owned a school bus so they could all get a round. Jackson would pick up the trio at Genevieve's.

Connor groaned as he listened to the girls gossip about the people who would be there and how crowded they all thought it would be. He groaned again, louder as they continued to ignore him. (Y/n) finally rolled her eyes and turned around. "What's wrong, Connor?"

"Oh nothing! You wouldn't care anyway~" He flopped down and shoved his face into a pillow.

"What a drama king!" Genevieve said as she walked over and slapped his thigh. "Ol'Yellen here is still heartbroken over his man blowing him off on Christmas Eve." She giggled.

"Aww, Connor forget him man, he was just a dude. Besides it was weird anyway that you fell for someone you tutored."

"HE WASN'T WEIRD!" Connor yelled, though it was muffled from the pillow. "HE WAS CUTE! Yeah sure he smiles a lot BUT HE WAS SUPER NICE!" This fact struck (Y/n) for a moment.

"Smiles a lot?" She tried to recall someone who claimed they "smiled a lot" because of a condition. After a few mimutes of silence she disregarded the message. "Maybe he really did have to go to his aunts! You never know, has he texted you?"

"Eh..." Connor rose from the pillow. "He hasn't texted me, but even if he DID... I wouldn't answer." The two females exchanged eye contact and tried to not laugh as they continued to get ready.

About half an hour later they are heading to Jackson's car when Connor gets a call. "Bro answer it in the car we're gonna be late to meet up with the group." Genevieve pulled on her friend but he didnt budge.

"Its him..." He stood in awe at his name as if phone buzzed.

"Dude come on..." (Y/n) pleaded as she stood with one foot in Jackson's car. He, too, was trying to get Connor to move, but or no avail.