Uncomfortable Silence

All Chris saw around him was snow. An unruly chill went through his body, affecting him for an unknown reason. The cold never bothered him before, so why would it bother him now? Taking a closer look at his surroundings, Chris saw another version of him, this one smiling maniacally.

The other version of Chris pulled out Wrath and Sorrows, skipping the lines that go with the weapons. Chris pulled out his pistols, shooting at his assailant.

"You know...we probably shouldn't fight each other."

The insane-looking Chris didn't stop to listen to his sane counterpart, but he kept attacking instead.

"Why would you say that?"

Chris dodged the oncoming attack from his insanity, but the other's arm came off and the attack hit Chris. It didn't hurt the spot that it hit, but it hurt his head. It took a moment to figure it out, but once Chris got it, he sighed.

"That's not really going to help you. After all, since your me, you know that I have a pretty strong mind. If we fight, it could last forever. We could be unconscious for the rest of our life."

This caused the insane Chris to pause, only to question the sane one.

"Then what do you suggest we do? We both want control, but we can't have it, can we?"

The pair of them sat on the ground, getting ready to discuss terms for what will happen.

"How about we take turns?"

The saner one suggested the idea, but the other one didn't really like the idea.

"How would we know when it's one of our turns?"

The counterargument caused Chris to think intensely. After much thinking, Chris came up with a solution to the problem at hand.

"I think I figured out our problem."

"And how's that?"

Chris stood up, stretching after sitting for so long.

"You can have combat and I can have the other times. We can still figure out the rest, but we have a basis for the control plan. You can have combat because you are more than capable to fight, but I will help control your urge to kill everyone we fight."

Chris sighed once more when he realized something.

"And because your insane, you don't have lovey-dovey feelings, right?"

The insane version simply smiled at his more sane counterpart, imparting a feeling of something unknown being planned.

"Fuck. That will make this a little more complicated."

The other Chris walked up to the original and spoke quietly into the latter's ear.

"I may have feelings, but they aren't for Kas."

Before the sane one had any time to register what he was told, the more insane of the two spoke again.

"It's about time that you wake up."

Chris awoke with a start. When he looked around, he saw that he was left alone in the wagon attached to Bumblebee. It appeared as though a tarp had been placed over the wagon to protect its only person in it. The tarp kept the snow out well enough, but the freezing temperatures passed through the material.

The male stayed in the wagon, thinking about what the other Chris said. What he said caused turmoil to course through him. It didn't make sense for the other version to not like the same person he did. Feelings are feelings. At least, that's what Chris believed before his insane counterpart said otherwise. Chris always believed he could snuff out his feelings by keeping them under wraps, but he knew deep down that they would never go away.