(A.P) Different Type Of Magic [1]

You looked around the forest frantically, an enchanted woods that only you had ever stepped foot in, at least in this century. But now there were cries of armoured men, their screams burning into your mind.

You had come to the forest all those years ago to escape society as whole. Too many people surrounded you and scattered your thoughts away as their bad ones filled in the gaps. It was all you could hear and it all became too much to point where it almost caused you to end your life.

Since you've come to the forest you'd been training your mind to be stronger, to be able to push out those horrid thoughts that so many people had. You hadn't gotten a chance to test it until today, and it turned out that you weren't strong enough to hide the thoughts of those in peril.

This was your territory and you had to get them out, you knew it wasn't safe for those without magic. After all, this was an enchanted forest, it kept in the magic and kept it hidden from outsiders which is what confused you. How on earth did soldiers manage to make an entrance, and what exactly was attacking them?

Deathly sounds filled your ears, you couldn't let these men die. It wasn't who you were.

You threw your bow over your body, arrows on your back, shortened sword on your belt, and your swift staff at hand. After pulling on your cloak you ran from your shelter and into the moonlit night using its reflection on the trees to guide your steps.

Under and over you dodged branches and beast as you followed the sound, until you came to halt, looking up and staring into large yellow eyes. You stared at one another, almost communicating, until the beast let out a hoarse cry.

It's back leg had been penetrated by a knights blade. You immediately took your staff and hit the knight at the back of the knees, knocking him over onto the muddy ground. The beast grew tired as a gentle flow of red liquid oozed from the wound. You took off your glove and placed your hand slowly onto its skin, feeling the texture of scales beneath your fingers.

"Hey there." You whispered, moving carefully towards its back end. "Aren't you beautiful." You cooed, keeping best to remain calm. Forgetting the knights, you climbed under its wing and closer to the sword in its leg. "How could he do this to you." You pondered, more or less to yourself. "What a cruel cruel man."

Shaking your head you placed a hand around the handle of the blade, beginning to coax it out gently. The dragon stirred and wanted to get you away, but was too weak to move. "I know, sweetheart. I know. I'll get you all fixed up, don't you worry."

"Hey woman, what about us?" You ignored the voices and finally pulled out the blade. A groaning noise came from the creatures mouth, wrapping its wings around itself and hiding away from the cold of the night. You threw the sword to the side and pulled out your satchel, taking from it a few bottles and a bowl, measuring out and mixing ingredients.

"Lady?!" You heard someone else call. You'd seen there were about 9 men laying on the ground unconscious. Only two were standing and you couldn't quite yet be bothered to deal with them.

After taking off your cloak and tearing it into long strips, you cleaned the dragons wound and wrapped it's leg up to apply pressure to the bleeding, knowing that it would eventually stop and noting that it'd have to be changed tomorrow morning.

It was only a young dragon, you didn't know where it could have come from of how much of a real hassle it could have been, but you did know that whoever these people were had to leave, and they had to leave soon.

"What are you doing here?" You whipped around to stare at them.

"That's not of your concern woman, we need you to fix up our men." Looking around, you read their thoughts, controlling your mind like you'd practiced.