(C.N) It's... Complicated

Castiel x Reader | It's... Complicated

"Cas? Cas where are you?" He could heat faint calling in the back of his mind. He couldn't let her know what he was. She wouldn't love him anymore.

"Cas please, just tell me what's going on!"
He couldn't bring himself to do it. But she was so worried. He was bringing her a great deal of stress. He weighed out his options.

Keep it from her and she'll forever feel like she isn't trusted and won't be able to trust him. Or tell her and let her work out what she wants to do. It was easy to decide now. He had to tell her. He checked she was alone then appeared behind her.

"(Y/n)?" His gruff voice called out. It was quiet, and something she didn't want to hear, full of shame. She could read him like a book, it was one of the things Cas loved so much about her. She just understood him. Maybe now, she'd be able to understand him.

"Cas, you worried me so much, I couldn't find you anywhere!" A hint of a smile crept onto his features.

"I'm sorry I worried you. I have something I need to tell you. It's about me."

"You're not hurt are you? Are you in trouble? Cas I'm here for you no matter what, just tell me."

"I would hope you'd stay, understand, love me regardless." He muttered the last part but she heard.

"Don't be frightened." He plead, watching as you nodded your head and sat down on the ground. He took a deep breathe and closed his eyes.

You watched in adoration as the lights around you seemed to dim and you could only see him and his... wings?

"Cas I don't understand?"

"I'm Castiel, an angel of the Lord. I came here, to earth, without expecting to find what love truly meant. I was naive, manipulated, and highly strung."

"The latter hasn't changed." You chuckled to yourself as you watched his brows furrow.

"You don't seem surprised." He pointed out.

"Oh, well. It's complicated."

"Complicated?"

You nodded.

"Look," you stood up and went to take his hands. "I don't care what you are. So long as you're the man I fell in love with, then I'll be by your side no matter what." You smiled, bringing his hands up to your face and kissing his knuckles. A faint blush crossed his cheeks. He pulled his hands from yours and wrapped his arms around you.

"Thank you, (Y/n)!" He smiled.

"Anything for you." You smiled back, placing a chaste kiss to his cheek.