Tested (Part Five)

Quick note before I start the chapter. I had to put a pig in for the cover picture and I half died. This is now Rueben and Rueben is adorable!!!!!!! Okay, I'm done squealing over cute pigs. Buurn out.

Why did it have to be a feather? Just a single white feather left on the ground. Grian had just joined a new world, one where he had made real friends, then he couldn't stay. Grian had sacrificed himself so that Xisuma could come back. He gave his life for someone he didn't know well, and to save everyone else.

When Xisuma came back, he had told them of the darkness that was coming. He had brought news, but at what cost? Why was the cost always a life?

Mumbo lowered his head and stared at the base that he had built. This wasn't the first time he had lost someone close to him, and at this rate, it certainly wouldn't be the last. Rueben walked up to him and nuzzled his head against the pristine suit.

Laying a hand on the pet that Grian had just gotten, Mumbo sighed. He had created the pig by accident, and Grian had instantly taken a liking to the pig. Now that Grian wasn't around to take care of the pig, Mumbo had brought Rueben to his base.

A chicken soon followed Rueben's tracks, clucking at the scene before its eyes. Mumbo glanced at the chicken and was instantly filled with nostalgia. Poultry Man had thrown eggs all around Mumbo's base, the start of a great friendship. He later revealed that he was Grian, Mumbo's neighbor.

"It's a shame he had to go." 

Mumbo glanced over to find the floating spectator, Jumbo, waiting for a reply. Jumbo looked much like Mumbo, except Jumbo had brown hair, whilst Mumbo had black. He sighed and continued to stare at the base that took months to make. Jumbo floated over and sat next to him.

"You haven't done a huge project in ages, maybe doing one will help you feel better."

Mumbo found himself wanting to do something huge. The feeling of sweat trickling down your back as you placed or dug blocks. The feeling of accomplishment when you finish that project. His base didn't house the redstone machinery that he needed to get tons of resources.

Looking over at Jumbo, Mumbo nodded and pulled up his left sleeve. A watch lay beneath the coat, and with a press of the button, Mumbo and Jumbo were instantly teleported to a flat sandstone world. 

Mumbo grinned happily at all his creations, but he wasn't here to look at one. Mumbo turned and flew, without elytra, towards a corner that had no builds, Jumbo following quickly behind. 

Soon enough, Mumbo was grabbing all sorts of materials and building strange structures. Jumbo floated around as commanded, holding a camera, so that Mumbo could see the satisfactory timelapse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sighing, Xisuma leaned back in his chair and let the phone slip into his lap. The notification that Mumbo had gone to his Redstone World was concerning, considering his condition. However, Jumbo had joined him, also in the notification, so Xisuma had better hopes. 

He would go talk to Mumbo, but since he was only awake because Grian had given his life, he didn't think Mumbo was in a talking mood. Instead, Xisuma texted Iskall, knowing that Iskall was Mumbo's other close friend.

Xisuma> "Iskall, can you go talk to Mumbo? He needs cheering up, and I would talk to him myself but......"

Iskall> "Of course, he's in his redstone world with Jumbo right? I'll bring Gall with me to keep him from getting lonely again. I haven't needed to record a big project in ages."