Wrath of a King (Part Seven)

Previously:

Grian gasped and muttered something under his breath. "Did he look like me?"

Mumbo considered it for a moment. "Yeah, he kind of did. A taller, muscular, harder version of you."

"Oh sweet netherack," Tango whimpered. "You've created a double."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grian stared at the floor, wondering what he was going to do. Somehow he needed to send Xequla back to where he came from, without messing things up. His other self had been pulled out from an alternate universe, but didn't seem to know that he hadn't always been in this universe.

Tango still sat in the same chair, almost as if he was afraid that the universe would fix the double and create a massive shockwave. Mumbo sat in another slightly less comfortable chair waiting for Grian to speak.

"So we need to get into the vault of the king and get the stone out?" Grian finally asked, mentally deciding it would be best to wait till he saw his other self.

"It will be harder than that." Tango pulled his hands through his vibrant feathers, making one of the red tipped ones fall onto the floor. The feather was bigger than Grian's hand, which made sense, since it had to hold up the weight of a Netherite. From what Grian could tell, Tango weighed about 150 pounds.

"We've already been through so much, what more is this?" Mumbo tried and failed to look optimistic. He had exhausted his energy reserves and was well pleased when Tango offered him an energy potion.

"The wrath of the Wither King himself." Tango sighed, almost wishing he had never come back. "That is not something you want to face, trust me. I barely survived."

Grian was shocked. What did the king do?

Tango saw the look on Grian's face and proceeded to roll up one of his sleeves. A jagged scar traced its way up from the wrist, all the way up the arm. It glowed red, and looked very painful. "It goes all the way to my heart."

Mumbo looked away, not wanting to see the horror in front of him. He turned his head again as Tango rolled the sleeve back.

"He used lava poison, and only a strong Netherite could hope to survive it. Anyone else would be instantly vaporized."

Grian gulped, sending a lump down his throat. He and Mumbo were both human, and he supposed they fit into the category of being instantly vaporized.

Tango continued speaking, since no one else was breaking the silence in the room. "How many of you are there here?"

Mumbo answered, since Grian had no idea. "We have Xisuma, Wels, Iskall, Jabbar, Cassius, and Grian's other self, Xequla."

Tango winced, knowing that it would be hard to get that many people out of the dimension quick enough. "Do you still have the protection on the portals?" He asked, pulling at his eyelids.

Mumbo nodded, affirming what they had to do next.

"I guess it's time we visit the king."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You want me to drink this?" Grian eyed the frothing potion with suspicion.

"Do you want to blend in with the rest of the guards?" Tango thumped his foot impatiently while Mumbo didn't look too pleased to have to drink another potion.

"I could just go through space again and-"

"NO!" Mumbo and Tango simultaneously interrupted. Tango looked nervously at his door.