Joining the Game

(This is not from a specific season, but it falls around the sixth season. In the beginning, if anyone was wondering, this is in Phoenix, Arizona. I have no idea where Impulse lives, I just know he is in the USA. I have always loved the landscape in Arizona, so here we go! This takes place in the perspective of Impulse, who I feel like doesn't get a lot of POV's. Anyway, just wanted to have some fun! Enjoy!)

The sun crested over the mountain, illuminating houses nestled in a valley. Saguaro were spread all over the place, as if someone had sprinkled them down from above. An open expanse of beautiful desert and mountains spread to the North of the valley.

The birds started chirping, ready to begin their day of gathering food and water and claiming territory. The clamor of the birds was Impulse's natural alarm, combined with the sun's warm rays cascading over his face.

It was a wonderful spring morning for him, and he loved it when the temperature was perfect. To have the smells of the blossoming flowers tickle his nose as he worked on his inventions, or a gentle breeze ruffle his hair.

In short, Impulse loved spring. He loved all seasons really, as when he joined the server, they got the perfect seasons. It was something about Hermitcraft that sparked creativity. Perhaps it was the fresh crisp air, or the sounds of nature in the background instead of cars.

Technology had advanced so much since when he was little. Now they could create worlds where they could teleport to with a push of a button. A way to escape, or a way to study. Or for some it was a way to create and form inseparable bonds.

As Impulse ate his breakfast and drank his coffee, he thought about how Hermitcraft was founded. It was first founded under the name C.R.E.U.T. (Creators, Redstoners, Engineers, Unite, Together.) It was a way people could join together in a server (New Worlds) and create amazing things.

At first things were slow, and many of the people who had originally joined left for other things. Over the years they filled up each server and had to create a new one each time. The worlds the Hermits left behind were open for people to explore and take inspiration from.

The term Hermits always brought a smile to Impulse's face. They were dubbed that because they spent so much time in another world, but being a hermit was far from the truth. They regularly visited each other and chatted constantly. They held evening meetings, and the group chat was always full.

It was thanks to Xisuma that the world was the way it was. Somehow he had changed the coding of the world that they would be able to infinitely respawn and hold more items than physically possible. The world was more perilous than the normal world, but the respawn didn't apply to getting older.

The respawn wasn't even the best part of what Xisuma did, either. Special wings were introduced as elytra, and they needed a type of firework to activate. Anyone could put them on, given they find them, and use them to see everything from a birds eye view. Not to mention that they could mess with gravity by making floating bases. A Hermit simply needed to put an anti-gravity accelerator in the bottom. It sounded complicated, but it was super easy to come by.

Impulse prepared to join the world, knowing that he would be instantly changed into his default look. It changed with him, and the creeper face on his T-Shirt had turned a wonderful shade of gold recently.

The world warped around him, and he found himself in his seaside house, still needing work. The hermits came from all around the world, so not all of them were on at once. This time Scar was one of the people on.

His phone lit up with a message instantly, but it wasn't a greeting.

Scar was killed by intentional design.

Impulse sighed and cracked up. That could only mean that Scar had tried to sleep in the Nether, and that never went well. Out of all the hermits, Scar used the respawn function the most.

"Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar........" Impulse typed into the phone.

"It was for science." The message came quickly back.

"So Cub coerced you into it."

"I can neither confirm nor deny that statement."

Scar suffocated in a wall.

Impulse raised his eyebrows and typed rapidly. "You okay there?"

"No. My respawn is broken. Can you break my bed?"

Sighing, Impulse grabbed his rockets and flew over the ocean. Xisuma had made it so that wherever you slept, that was where you would spawn after dying. Sometimes the fickle things would glitch, causing an infinite respawn, die, cycle until the bed was broken.

That wasn't even the weirdest thing that happened, but Impulse didn't question it. He was too busy enjoying the salty ocean breeze and the sight of Scar's island. The thing was massive, and Scar built himself. By hand.

Impulse would have gone insane trying to do what Scar did. But by some miracle Scar did it, every year.

Swooping into the condo perched on the island, Impulse found the offending bed and promptly broke it. He scooted it to the side a few meters and Scar respawned with a gasp of thanks.

"So are you going to try to sleep in the Nether again?"

"No...." Scar pulled at his hat sheepishly. "Thanks for your help Impulse, if there is anything I can do for you-"

"Actually, yes." Impulse interrupted. "You've been overworking yourself recently, so I want you to take a fly with me over the ocean. It's a perfect day, and I don't want you holed up today."

"Not what I expected..." Scar trailed off and pulled on some elytra. "But I'll take it."

-/-

Just a quick, no drama , angst, or fear, just fun. Maybe it was just me trying to explain what the future might look like if we could create new worlds just as easily as in Minecraft.

Love you all!

-Buurn