chapter 8

Recovery girl let out a sigh as she finished treating all the students' and teachers' wounds the best she could, many in the hospital from the major injuries some had taken. Y/n was placed in her own seperate room, a demand from her parents to the school.

As she was unconscious, the doctors had to take off the bandages holding back her tail, along with the space buns for her fox ears to do a proper checkup. There was also a demand to have no visitors until y/n had at least two days of rest, as weird as it sounded. The doctors complied, not wanting such important people on their case at the end of the day.

She only woke up on the second day, her body feeling extremely painful. She had bandages all over her rib cage area to help support her for the first days, a flexible bandage on her ankle to allow her to walk; her ankle felt a little fragile still.

She took a mental note that she would need to find a way to thank the school nurse, she knew that the old lady used her quirk on her due to the lack of broken bones.

She sat up a bit, yawing lightly as she felt a bit drowsy. Y/n wasn't really questioning why, she immediately associated it to the meds they gave her through the tube on her hand. There was a large window beside her hospital bed, the curtains were pulled open so she could see the city below.

People seemed to be buzzing around the hospital, all doing their daily routine of going to work or just hanging out before school. It was interesting to see such a thing from above, finding it amusing that she could she herself rushing through the crowd to not be late for her morning classes.

A doctor came in the room with a notepad in hand, glancing at her a few times before looking at the machines she was hooked up to and noting whatever they were indicating.  He went up to y/n and spoke up.

"Your parents demanded us to not allow visitors until tomorrow and you can only be released in three days, even though we tried to tell them your injuries are healed." The man said in a monotone voice, noting a few more things before nodding and leaving the room.

Y/n let out a quiet sigh as she brought her tail up to her hands to play with the tip. She used to do it whenever she got bored, play with the tip of her tail until it got boring. She was a bit upset she couldn't attend class until the next week (as it was currently Thursday).

That's also when she realized that her animalistic parts were out. She started to panic lightly, patting her ears down and trying to hide her tail. A nurse who was working somewhere in the corner of the room saw her and shot the girl a questioning glace.

"Are you okay miss?" The nurse asked. Y/n froze, still holding her ears down and tucking her tail in the hospital robe. "Are you trying to hide those?" The nurse asked a bit bluntly, pointing at the semi-uncovered ears. Y/n looked down and nodded lightly, not liking that quite a few doctors and nurses saw her secret.

The nurse giggled and left the room for a few minutes, making the fox girl incredibly confused. When the nurse came back, she had a few hair ties and hair clips, a brush and flexible bandages. Y/n's ears perked up, curious to why the nurse had so many fancy hair clips, some had little flowers and others were super tiny.

The nurse smiled in a friendly way and sat on a stool beside the bed. "Turn your back facing me, it'll be easier for me to do your hair like that." She said in a calm and soothing voice. The fox girl complied and let the nurse do as she pleased, not to familiar with other people touching her.

Y/n felt a few strands of her hair getting pulled lightly as the nurse brushed her hair, then had fun placing it in a similar but different way that y/n did it. She made sure to hide the ears, as she assumed y/n didn't want anyone else to see them.
It took much longer than y/n initially thought it would take, but she wasn't complaining. It looked rather cute, the nurse added a few flower hair clips at the base of the buns to make it cuter.

The back of y/n's hair flower freely down her back, her h/l hair being slightly wavy. She smiled happily at the nurse, who smiled back and giggled. She helped the student bandage the tail on the her body so it wouldn't be visible but also comfortable.

"Why do you hide yourself like this though? You look adorable with your fox like traits all out." The nurse stated with a warm smile, making y/n a bit uneasy. She did feel a bit more confident due to the nurse, but her mother's words still rang in her ears as if she were beside her and yelling it in her head.

Y/n shook her head, her smile falling immediately. The nurse caught on to the sudden change of mood and looked away, understanding that she hit a sensitive spot. The nurse finished her business before heading off, leaving y/n alone in the cold hospital room.

She sighed and layed down, staring at the buzzing city streets as her eyelids became heavier by the minute. Soon enough, she fell asleep, hoping she wasn't missing any important classes at school.