Bookworms [Eridan]

The TV was the only thing that could surpass the loud tapping sound of a laptop keyboard.
I was so deep in writing my brand new novel I barely even realized that Eridan was still here with me.
Me and Eridan have been together for a really long time.
I stopped tapping and thougt about how we've met.

•••

I cursed under my breath as I searched for a book I needed the most in this moment. Frustration was kicking in and I could feel it growing when the book was nowhere to be found.
Why did the teacher had to give us a project in this certain time? When the book season was just behind the corner and everybody was borrowing books from the library, the school library, from EVRYWHERE.
Realizing that there's no point in finding something that wasn't there, I picked up the books I already had and shuffled myself through the corridor. I have no idea why I thought that carrying a lot of heavy books was a good idea; but as soon as I bumped into someone and all of them fell, I realized how stupid that was.

"I'm so sorry, I'm a bit clumsy today." I sighed frustrated, hoping they weren't having a bad day. I crouched down and  starting picking up the books.

"It's okay, let me help you." they crouched down, what forced me to look at them. I froze at the sight. It was clearly a male, but he had horns and his skin had a slight grey tone to it. Another troll?!

"What is it?" he noticed my stare and looked behind himself searching for the cause of my shock.

"You're the first troll I've seen ever since they came to Earth." I explained as he turned back; my answer made him chuckle a bit and he handed me the books.

"Then I'm glad to be the first one." he gave me a toothy smile, which I returned. Awkward silence fell between us, as we both kept looking around, sometimes glancing at one another.

"So," I cleared my throat, "I have some work to finish 'til tomorrow, so I guess I'll get going." I laughed nervously.

"Yeah," he nodded and fidgeted a bit, "May I ask your name?" he asked nervously.

"(Y/N)." I smiled at him.

"(Y/N)," he tried the sound of my name, "it sounds nice. I'm Eridan."

"It was nice knowing you, Eridan." I giggled a bit trying to hide how awkwardly I pronounced his name.
"But I have to go now." I passed by him and made my way to where the counter of the library was located.

"Wait!" I turned around, "Will, will you be here tomorrow too?"

His question surprised me, but I nodded in agreement and continued on my way.

And ever since, our love life started in the city library.

I was brought back to reality whe  the TV screen flashed brightly making me jump a little.

"Are you okay?" Eridan asked right away.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I giggled, "I was just deep in thought."

"What have you been thinking about?" he asked as I put my laptop away, closing it in the proces.

"Do you remember how we encountered each other?" I sat in his lap and leaned my head on his.

"We first met in the library. It was a real cliché, our encounter I mean. Your books falling down and me being the one helping you pick them up." Eridan laughed and I joined him.

"You know, I'm glad I've met you, even by the cliché way." he whispered to me before I could say anything and hugged me around my waist.

Our relationship was like a rollercoaster. But we both knew that these were the moments we will cherished the most. And will cherish them for a long time.