EIGHTEEN

Soobin POV

I walked out of the school and towards my car at around 1pm. I was finally getting this god damn cast off my arm.

I drove calmly to the hospital. I parked my car and then walked inside. I checked in at the reception desk and then sat down.

I scrolled through my instagram, I always like every picture even if I couldn't care less about it. It just makes me feel bad for some reason.

"Choi Soobin?" A nurse called my name.

I looked at her and smiled, then followed her to a small room. 

"You can sit there." She said, pointing at a small chair that was at a table.

I sat down.

"The person that's gonna take that off will be here soon." She said happily.

"Thanks." I said.

"How old are you?" She asked curiously.

"17." I said.

"I.. I saw the story about your dad on the news... I'm sorry." She said.

"Don't be sorry, it's not like it's your fault." I said with a fake smile. It's my fault. I thought.

Just then there was a knock on the door. Shortly after the knock a man walked it, he was probably in his mid 40's.

"Hello, Soobin. I'm Dr. Lee." He said and held out his hand

"Hello." I said and shook his hand.

He sat down in the chair in front of me. 

"So.. don't be scared but we do use a saw to take off the cast, but I wont take of your arm." He said.

"Okay." I said.

He took out the somewhat large power tool. I laid my arm down on the table. He slowly cut the cast off, and it was very loud.

Once he removed the hard part he cut off the soft cotton part. My arm was free. It was pale and weak but at least I could see it.

"We need to do an x-ray to make sure it's completely healed." He said with a small smile.

We went to another room and I had to put my arm into an x-ray machine. It felt kinda weird but I remember the last time I had to do it.

"Okay, so... it's completely healed but I'm still going to give you a brace since it'll be really weak." He said.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem." He said. He went to the other side of the room and then returned with a brace. He carefully put it on my arm.

"Wow, I can actually move my thumb, before it was really difficult." I said.

"That's good. At least you're right handed." He said.

"Yeah." I said.

"You can go now, just check out at the front desk." He said.

I left and then checked out. The second I sat down in my car I got a call. It was from Taehyun.

"Hey Taehyun, what's up?" I asked.

"Yeonjun broke his phone but he wanted to talk to you so..." He said before handing the phone to Yeonjun.

"Hey Soobin." He said.

"Hi." I said.

"Did you get your cast off?" He asked.

"Yeah, I still have a brace though." I said.

"Also, I needed to mention that if I don't eat chocolate cake I'm going to die. Would you pleeease get me some?" He asked, the last part with a whine.

"I guess." I said with a laugh.

"Thank you so much! I would've died if you said no." He said.

"Why are you so hyper today? You're usually chill." I asked.

"I don't know. Life just seems to actually not be that bad. Oh, and I passed a math test that I for sure thought I was going to fail." He said.

"Okay. I'll be home around 3." I said.

"Love you." He said.

"Love you too, bye." I said and hung up.

I drove to the grocery store and bought a singular slice of chocolate cake. If I had bought a whole cake then he would eat the whole thing in one sitting and that's not the most healthy thing to do.

-

I know it's short but too bad, I still don't know what the fuck I'm writing