𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟿

While at the break, Tracy starts talking about how she feels like this dude is hitting on her. 

She also adds that he is creepy and how he makes her feel uncomfortable.

Meanwhile, LaMelo is hanging out with another group of people from another class.

Clarissa does the same.

I let out a sigh and I take out my phone.

"Let's play Heads Up!" Tracy states while letting out a long exaggerated sigh. "I'm bored!"

"I'm down," Jose states while resting his head in his hand.

Tracy opens the app and she starts the all about animals game before playing her phone against her forehead.

"Oh." Jose says while perking up.

"Daya is afraid of them!"

"Oh ladybugs!" Tracy states.

I nod my head and Tracy leans her phone down signaling the next word.

"It carries its baby in like their pouches!" I state. "They're in Australia!"

"Kangaroo!" Jose says.

Me and Tracy both give him a dirty look.

"Sorry," Jose clears his throat and turns red. "I got excited, I love kangaroo's!"

Tracy leans the phone down and the new animal pops up.

"Oh that's a tuff one!" I state.

"Um it's like...it's a- a like..." Jose stutters trying to figure out how to describe this animal.

"It's...?" Tracy asked.

"Skip it!" I state.

Tracy leans the phone down and Jose laughs at the next animal.

"People used to say that you look like a..." Jose states while holding in a laugh.

Tracy sighs then mumbled something under her breathe.

Jose gets a smirk on his face.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you!" Jose keeps the same smirk on his face.

"A horse!" Tracy states turning red.

I start to die laughing.

"That's-" I laugh. "That's so mean- why would they say that- you're so pretty!"

"That's what I'm saying!" Tracy laughs.

We continue to play the game until Mr. Servell starts walking to his classroom.

Everyone follows suit!

————

The rest of the day goes by quickly and I walk towards the student parking lot.

"Daya!" I hear a familiar voice call.

Lord, why?

I put on a fake smile as I turn around.

"Hey LaMelo," I say through the smile.

"Hey," LaMelo looks down at his feet. "Can your mom take me home?"

"She actually let me use her car, so my mom can not give you a ride home!"

"Well can you?" LaMelo asked.

I stay quiet and I stare at LaMelo.

"Let me ask my mom..." I trail off.

I text my mom asking if she minds if I take LaMelo home.

She obviously says she doesn't care and I signal LaMelo to follow me to the car.

"Let's go," I state while walking to my moms car.

The little beep can be heard as I unlock the door.

LaMelo opens the passenger door and I open the backseat passenger door.

I place my backpack in the back seat and then I jump in the drivers seat.

Plugging my phone into the aux and turning on the car I look at LaMelo.

"You wanna play something?" I asked LaMelo while buckling my seatbelt.

I hand my phone to LaMelo and he thinks for a second before playing a song.

The familiar toon to Bruno Mars's Just The Way You Are plays through the speakers.

I pull out of the parking space and I start to drive.

"Oh, her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shinin',"

I feel LaMelo glance at me.

"Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her tryin', she's so beautiful and I tell her everyday," Bruno sings again but LaMelo sings the "She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday" part.

I don't know why, but it makes me blush.

————