12

The next day was a long one, very similar to the girl's first day in the Capital. She was woken up a little later than usual, but right after breakfast, she was whisked away to get perfected by the stylists.

"Interviews are tonight." Finnick explained, leaning against the wall as the beauty gurus plucked harshly at Adrienne's eyebrows.

"That explains the torture." She said, wincing slightly as another shot was removed.

The victor chuckled lowly. "I suppose so. But, what I was initially saying is that you have to make an impression. Just like the parade, the interviews are the best way to get sponsors."

"By looking pretty?"

"Essentially. But I'm sure Serin has much more up his sleeve." The blonde boy shrugged slightly as he spoke, a sly smirk covering his features.

Adrienne just sighed before staying silent as the stylists continued their work. Once they were done, they brushed through her platinum blonde hair again before going off to find Serin.

She sat up slowly, looking at the ground. Finnick must have noticed her look of nervousness and walked over slowly. He placed his finger under her chins and to lifted her eyes up to meet his before letting his hand fall.

"What's wrong?" He asked curiously.

Adrienne just shrugged slightly, sighing softly once more. "I'm just nervous is all. I've never had to make people like me before. What if I say something wrong?"

"You won't. Because you are amazing as you are. Don't pretend to be someone you're not." Finnick said confidently, shaking his head. A stray hair had fallen in front of the girl's face as she shook her head slightly at his words. The boy reached a hand up and tucked it behind her ear. "Be the strong, independent, amazing girl I see every day."

The blonde girl gave the victor a small smile. A few seconds later, she blushed, realizing that Finnick's hand still rested on the side of her face, cupping it gently in his large, warm hand.

When she looked up, she saw that his ocean blue eyes were staring into hers, as if he was trying to look inside and read her soul like a book. The girl didn't notice how close he had gotten until she could feel his soft breaths against her face.

Before any more could happen, a soft knocking came at the door. The two backed away from each other just in time for the door to open and Serin to walk in, a smile on his face.

"There's our star." The man said, clapping his hands together excitedly. "Are you ready?"

"For what?" Adrienne asked with a nervous giggle.

The stylist's sly smile just grew more. "We're trying something new with your dress. Something...special."

"