28

The blonde girl looked at herself in the floor length mirror, the dress she wore flowing effortlessly down. The silk was a very light, sea green, with a golden belt and similarly colored heels. Her long hair was flowing in loose waves over her shoulders, reaching to just about her middle back.

"Beautiful." Serin said as he got done with his final touches. "Just...one more thing."

The stylist walked over to a table before returning with a slim golden 'crown'. It wasn't anything grand or flashy, but she was required to wear it. It was the one awarded to the tributes when they become victors.

Serin walked over and placed it gently over the girl's head, being gentle not to mess with her hair. "There." He said softly. "Now, you're done."

The girl met the stylist's eyes through the mirror, a very small smile appearing on her face. "Thank you, Serin."

"It's been my pleasure, Addy." With that said, he turned and left the room, but not before stopping at the doorframe and looking at the victor. "You don't have to pretend anymore. Just...be yourself."

She nodded. "I will."

Serin gave her one last smile before exiting the room, closing the door behind him. This left Adrienne alone, nothing but her thoughts to keep her company. Her eyes scanned over her thin body in the mirror; she had lost quite a bit of weight in the Games, a few pounds or so, and she wasn't sure how she felt about it.

A gentle knock came at the door, but the girl's eyes didn't leave her body as she spoke. "Enter."

The boy stepped in, smiling softly as he saw Adrienne standing there. "Don't you look incredible."

Adrienne looked up into the mirror and smiled as she saw Finnick standing by the door, the white shirt he was wearing open a few buttons at the top, dark jeans tight around his legs.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, still smiling slightly. "Aren't you supposed to be finding a seat."

The boy chuckled lightly as he approached the girl, holding something in his hand that she couldn't see. "My spot is already saved. But I thought I could come see you before the interview."

"Well, I've never been happier to see you, Finn." Her eyes traveled down to the object he held in his hands. "What is that?"

Finnick approached the girl, standing just behind her. "Close your eyes."

The girl nodded and did as she was asked, closing her eyes. She felt as Finnick moved her hair off to the one side before something cold was placed around her neck. After a few seconds, the objects settled into its spot.

The boy leaned forwards and placed a gentle kiss to the back of her neck before whispering gently. "Open."

She opened her eyes and her heart stopped as she saw what Finnick had given her; the cross. The very same necklace that Vern had given her in the Games. It was the last thing she had of him.

Her blue eyes moved up and latched onto Finnick's, a sad smile coming to her lips. "Thank you."

"Now, you'll have a part of him out there with you." The boy said, shrugging slightly.

Adrienne smiled more and turned around, finally facing the blonde boy. He looked down at her, a small smile on his own face. The girl placed a hand on his cheek before leaning up and capturing his lips with hers. Finnick kissed her back gently, but only for a few seconds before he pulled back.

When the girl gave him a confused look, he chuckled lightly. "Serin will kill me if I mess up your hair more. Or your makeup." The boy said as he fixed her hair back to the way if was before.

His hand rested on her cheek, gently cupping it. The girl smiled and placed her hand on his, picking it up and placing it to her lips before kissing it softly.

"Thank you." She whispered once more. Her free hand lifted up and the girl wrapped her fingers around the cross hanging on her chest. "For everything."

Finnick smiled down at her. "Anytime, my love."

"