Dance With The Devil

________

Hey guys! I hope you are having a wonderful day/night! Here is an awesome new chapter (I hope I'm not going to fast or anything, or making Kaji seem over powered, remember, her power levels didn't change, only her powers)

I, sadly, don't own Naruto (but I do own Kaji and her plot)

Peace

_______

Kaji's POV

It was hard working with my Sharingan.

I couldn't get it to do anything! It was like it was a totally different person, though I know that's not the case. It was hard to work with it, no matter how much I studied on its powers. Minoru congratulated me though, we had a mini party inside of my head.

People have changed around me though. They act much nicer to me, too nice. Like they think I'm some fragile flower that will be burnt at anyone's touch. But then again, I know I have changed too. I see it in my eyes, when I look into a mirror. Empty...?

No. Dull, aching, broken.

I know my friends see it too. I can see plenty of sadness is Sakura's eyes, and in Naruto's... I'm not quite sure myself. It could be sadness, but knowing him, it probably wouldn't be.

I didn't speak for the first few days, after I woke up in the hospital. I was drowning in my thoughts, all the 'what ifs' swimming through my mind. I snapped out of it by making my mind blank. Focusing on training, rather than this cruel reality we live in. I know I'm angry with Sasuke. There is no doubt in my mind that if I saw him any time soon, I'd chop off all of his limbs and leave him to soak in a pool of lemon juice.

But deep inside of me, I've come to realize, that I've become more sad than angry. As each day passes by, I can feel myself becoming less and less angry, and even though its only been a few days, that doesn't change the fact that it's still happening.

And it sucks, because there isn't anything I can do to stop it.

I want to be angry at him. I don't want to be sad.

But... I can't do that.

"Uh, K-Kaji? Lady Tsunade would like to speak with you." I hear Sakura say.

I get up and dust the grass off of my pants, following her to the new Hokage's office.

Let me tell you one thing about Tsunade: I'm not her biggest fan.

I hate myself for feeling this way towards her, as I know she has done nothing wrong, but I hate it that Gran-, excuse me, the Third isn't here anymore. Not to mention the fact that he was taken down by him.

I just don't like the fact that he was being replaced.

Sakura knocks on her office door, snapping me out of my thoughts. I hear a distracted grunt come from inside of the room, signaling us to come in. Sakura opens the door, revealing the big-chested Hokage hard at work, empty bottles of Sake around her desk.

"Ah, Kaji. As you know, Shikamaru and his team left yesterday to retrieve Sasuke Uchiha, and they haven't come back. I'm sending Kakashi off with a team of medical ninja to retrieve them and bring the team back to Konoha. You will be going with him." She tells me.

This was true, I did hear about the team of genin and chunin, basically everyone I knew in the academy, going off to retrieve the traitor. Of course, I knew they wouldn't bring him back. Orochimaru, no matter how much I want to kill him, I can't deny the fact that he is smart. He wouldn't let Sasuke come back to his base all-alone. If Orochimaru was that stupid, he would've gotten killed by me a while ago.