Chapter 1: Why, Hello There

"So a new man huh?" Sierra asked her mom playfully.

Her mother, Adelina also known as Adel, shrugged her shoulders as she finished setting the pots of food she made.

She finally looked at her younger twin/ daughter and smiled widely. If anyone said that Sierra wasn't her daughter they must have been extremely crazy because she was a spitting image of her mom.

They both had full naturally curly hair with a tiny of naturally golden highlights. They both had big almond shaped eyes with a deep brown eye color. Their noses were the same shapely medium sized nose that both had a nose ring at one point. However, Adel has small semi thin lips while Sierra has fuller plump lips she got from her father.

Her father.

He died about 5 years ago from a heart attack and that day Sierra's mother found out, she was devastated. Her devastation literally was putting her on the brink of deep depression until Sierra convinced her to move on with her life. At least that's what her father had told her that night in the hospital.

Seeing him so fragile and weak broke her heart. Sierra was so used to seeing the handsome hard nose man that'll do anything for his only daughter, even if it meant embarrassing her in front of a large group of high school seniors.

She was indeed a daddy's girl and perhaps somewhere in that bond, her mother felt a dash of jealousy.

Just because the two women looked like each other, they were like night and day when the time had come. Sierra couldn't understand why her mother always got so defensive when things happened in her life that she felt included her. Sierra admired her parents relationship but she couldn't take her mom's attitude only because it just stressed her out.

For the most part they got along but the other times were just for show. On the other hand, Sierra thought that there couldn't have been a better timing for her mom to find someone who cared about her.

She can finally get off my back. Sierra thought.

"So tell me about these people?"

"Well they are very nice, warming people and Steven couldn't wait to see you. I told him you look just like me and he got really curious." Her mom chuckled to herself.

Sierra had already spoken on the phone with her moms boyfriend, Steven a couple times and thought he was cool but the fact that he is white is a whole new ball game.

Sierra smiled but gestured her to continue.

"Ooh, ok. So his son is around your age probably a couple years older than you and he is so adorable." Her mother cooed.

"Adorable?" Sierra laughed at her mothers choice of words.

"Yes, he's a little boy but if you'd understand better. He's super hot, as you kids say it. Like those guys you try to date." her mom threw her hand in a matter of fact fashion and set the food on the dinner table.

"Try to date? Wow thanks mom."

Sierra rolled eyes, the anticipation of already knowing that her mom was going to embarrass and piss her off tonight was too real.

Before her mom could add anything more, they heard the door bell ring.

She took off the apron that was tied around her waist and dusted her cobalt blue dress while using her daughter as her mirror.

"How do I look?" Adel asked Sierra anxiously.

"You look great mom!" She smiled with a genuine smile.

Adel nodded with a huge smile and walked closer to the door.

"I really hope you like them honey."