Chapter 25

Cameron's POV

It was Wednesday and Andrew had told me that football practice was tonight. I said I'd go and watch and see if I wanted to join or not. 

I went to the doctors yesterday and my leg had actually quickly healed so I don't have to wear a leg boot anymore. I can run now basically. My mom was so surprised about it she kept hugging me and kissing my cheek when we left and went back home.

Shes been acting kinda strange, I mean she always hugs me and stuff...but this was more than usual.

And Sierra was mostly quiet whenever I was near her. Sierra is barely ever quiet like this, and she also messes up my hair or says something silly about the way I look whenever I walk by her. I was confused and also a bit worried. 

Maybe this dinner my mom had planned was about something else, not to hang out with Sierra, Ashley, and I. It had to be important or about something bad I might of done, which I haven't done anything wrong. This was mostly the only thing I thought about during my morning classes. 

When it was time for lunch I sat with Ashley at a empty table. Just her and I. I starred at the wall until she laid her hand on mine.

"Cameron, are you ok?" Ashley asked. Her eyes looked at me with concern.

"Yeah, I'm good." I said and took a bite of my apple on my lunch tray. Ashley shook her head.

"Sorry Cam, I don't believe you. You've been staring off into space during the morning classes! There has to be something on your mind Cam," She held my hand "I know you're thinking about something Cam, and you can always talk to me about it." 

I smiled a little. I looked at Ashley.

"Well remember when I told you my mom wanted to take Sierra, You, and I out to dinner on Friday?" I asked. Ashley nodded her head.

"Well they've been asking a bit strange lately." I said. Ashley looked confused. 

"What do you mean by strange Cameron?" She asked.

"Like, my mom has been giving me hugs and kisses. A lot." I said. Ashley smiled.

"She's your mom Cameron." Ashley.

"Yeah I know, but its like more than usual. Its like almost every 4 hours, unless I go to bed. Then she leaves me alone. But usually its just one time a day." I said. 

"That is a little strange. What about Sierra?" Ashley asked.

"Whenever I'm near her, shes always quiet. And shes never quiet when I'm around her, she would usually mess up my hair or says something silly about the way I look." I said. I frowned a little but then I looked at Ashley and smiled.

"Cameron, just wait until Friday and ask them ok? Don't worry about it. They're your family, your mom will probably tell you the truth about whats going on before Friday. They would never lie to you." Ashley said. I smiled.

"I love you." I said and kissed her cheek. She smiled and kissed my cheek.

"I love you too." She said.

After lunch, Ashley and I held hands and walked to our next class that we both had together.

Ashley's POV

I knew why Cameron thought Sierra and his mom were acting a little strange. 

Sierra had called me after I left their house on Sunday. When I had gotten home she called me. She was also crying a little.

The reason why Cameron's mom had planned to take us out for dinner on Friday was because their dad had contacted their mom asking if he could see Cameron and Sierra. I guess their dad is going to meet us at the restaurant. They had invited me because they knew I could calm down Cameron if it went down the hill.