Chapter 17

»Ashley's POV«

Mom had visited me in the hospital a few days. She said sorry for not being able to come as soon as possible like a million times.

It was fine. I understood her job and I was ok with it. I told her its fine all those times she said it.

Hayes was finally awake and fully recovered. I was also.

But as for Cameron...I get so teary eyed just thinking about him. Half of me thinks he's going to die, the half is fighting that thought and saying he's going to live and he'll remember the people he loves.

When my mom came in to sign the discharge papers for me and Hayes, I sat in Cameron's room. Holding his hand. Just looking at his face. I had tears in my eyes. But I didn't want to cry. Not in front of Cameron.

Nash came in.

"Ashley it's- oh," he walked over to me "Ashley, it's ok. Cameron is going to be ok." He said.

At that moment I let everything loose. My sadness, anger, confusion, and concern.

I let go of Cameron's hand and pushed a chair over. Tears streaming down my face now.

"And how do you know that for sure Nash?! I've heard 'it's going to be ok' too many times! It's not going to be ok! Nothing was ever ok until I met Cameron. I felt safe with him more than I did with...uhm Connor or whatever his name was! Iove Cameron. If lose him...I lose confidence in myself.." I said yelling a little.

I slid down until I was sitting on the floor in a corner. I cried. Nash walked over to me and sat next to me.

"Ashley. Look at me." He said softly. I sniffed and lifted my head up and looked into the ocean blue eyes that we both share.

"I've seen that you feel more safe and actually loved with Cameron more than you did with Connor. I can see that. I never saw you truly laugh as much until you started talking with Cam," he paused and looked at Cameron then looked back at me.

"You won't be the only one who's going to miss Cameron if he does pass. Not just his fans, but Hayes,the MAGCON guys, his family, and our family will miss him." Nash said.

"Without him, my world would be a black hole. I won't be able to find my way out." I said. Nash smiled.

"I know Ashley, I know. Oh also Caleb is out of the hospital, he's glad you're ok." Nash said. I nodded my head and looked at Cameron.

Soon it was time to go. When it was I was still in Cameron's room. Nash had just left so I could say goodbye.

I walked over to Cameron and looked at his face. I moved some of his hair and then leaned down and kissed him.

"I love you Cam." I said. I kissed him once more and headed towards the door. Before I closed it, I looked back at him.

The memory of the one MAGCON event where we started talking. And the day we went to the beach and we got into a little water fight.

I smiled and closed the door.

Hayes had a cast on his arm which was in a sling. I walked beside Nash as we left. He looked at me and smiled. I hugged him.

"Aww, that's cute." My mom said. I quickly ended the hug and playfully punched him. He laughed and playfully punched me back. Hayes gave us a weird look.

I ran up to him and kissed his cheek. Something I haven't done sense he was 3 years old.

"Ash! That's gross!" He said wiping his cheek on his shirt. Same reaction as when he was 3. I hugged him.

"I love you little brother." I said messing with his hair. I smiled a little.

"Ok sure whatever. Love you too Ash." He said fixing his hair.

We got in the car and drove home. When we got there, sitting on the porch of the house was Caleb.

I walked up to him. Hayes beside me.

"Sup bro." Hayes said. Caleb and Hayes bro hugged.

"Sup." Caleb said.

"I'll be upstairs Caleb. So we can play Xbox or something." Hayes said. Caleb nodded his head. Nash and mom went inside.

"Good to hear you're ok." He said.

"It's good to hear that you were ok. I was scared to death. I had Cameron call the cops to your house. Don't ever scare me like that." I said. He smiled a little.

"I'm sorry, it seems like you've been afraid a lot." He said.

"Yeah," I sighed "Cameron is still in the hospital, in a coma. So I'm afraid." I said.

"He'll be ok." Caleb said. I nodded my head.

"I'm sorry for causing drama while you were at MAGCON. Ally is such a little ughh." He said. I smiled.

"It's ok Caleb, you just didn't want your friend to end up hurt so you warned me. I'm ready for whatever Ally is going to try to throw at me now." I said. He smiled.

"I'm going to go lay down." I said.

"Ok I'm going upstairs to play games with your brother." He said. I smiled. He opened the door and held it.

"Wait." He said. I looked at him. He pulled out a hat that I instantly remembered.

"Do you remember this hat?" He asked holding up the grey colored and camouflaged patterned SnapBack hat.

"Yes, that's the hat I got you but then you moved and took it with you. When you moved back here you thought you forgot it. But then you found it somehow." I said.

"You got that right." He said. He said and put it on his head then did a pose trying to make himself look cool. I laughed. He laughed also. We then walked inside. He ran upstairs and I laid down on the couch cuddled up with a blanket.

I turned on the TV and watched a few shows I had recorded.

Then a question popped into my head.

Why am I happy at the moment when the one I love might either forget about me, or have a chance at dying. I should be sad..

I stared at the wall. But soon Nash sat down and we watched our favorite show together.

We laughed whenever someone did something stupid and Nash made jokes about a few characters.

I guess even if we are sad about something, we still have time to be happy. We don't always need to be sad. Because we do need to be happy.

↫↫↫↫↫↬↬↬↬↬↫↫↫↫↫↬↬↬↬↬

This chapter sounded cheesy idk..

Just a little short chapter I decided to add.

Hope enjoyed it...

Even if sounded cheesy.

Thanks for reading 😊

I love you! ~ Paige ❤

↫↫↫↫↫↬↬↬↬↬↫↫↫↫↫↬↬↬↬↬