Chapter 26

Ashley's POV

I looked at Cameron's mom.

"You didn't tell him?" I said. My eyes had been a little watery. Cameron's mom shook her head.

"I just thought that maybe his reaction wouldn't have gone badly. I thought this would've been a good early Christmas present...but I guess I've been too caught up with my job, I never got to ask him if he wanted to see his father again...I'm a terrible mom, I should've paid attention to him." Cameron's mom said as a few tears fell down her cheeks. I laid my hand on hers.

"No you're a great mom, there just wasn't a lot of time to ask Cameron. I'll go talk to him, don't worry ok?" I said. She nodded her head. I stood up. I looked at Cameron's father. I started to walk away.

"Wait." Cameron's dad said. I turned around.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Who are you?" He asked. I smiled a little.

"Your son's girlfriend sir." I said. He smiled. 

"I knew he'd pick a girl like you. Nice, sweet, kind, and pretty. You're a very lucky girl...um whats your name?" He asked. 

"Ashley. Ashley Grier." I said.

"Nash and Hayes' sister?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Nice." He said. I turned around and started walking towards the doors that Cameron had ran out of.

"I am lucky, I've known that ever sense I met Cam." I said quietly to my self. 

I walked outside. It was a little cold. I looked around.

"Cameron?" I said. It was quiet, only noise was the sound of cars driving past us on the street. 

"Cameron, its Ashley." I said. I saw Cameron's head peak out behind the corner of the stone wall of the restaurant. 

"Over here.." He said. I walked around the corner and sat down next to him. 

"I thought they would tell me." He said. I looked at him. 

"Your mom was going to, but she got to caught up with work. She wanted to pay attention to you and ask if you wanted to meet your father, but her job just kept getting in the way." I said. He looked at me.

"But wouldn't she have known I didn't want to meet him? He left us, never said goodbye. Well maybe he said goodbye to me, but not to Sierra. And before I was born, Sierra was daddy's little girl. I would've wished anything that he said goodbye to my sister, and not me.." Cameron said. I smiled. I held his hand.

"Sierra said he moved to Florida. He traveled a long ways from home just to see you and Sierra again. If my dad would've moved somewhere as far away like Florida, he probably wouldn't have came all the way back to California just to see Nash, Hayes, and I." I said. Cameron looked at me.

"Your dad would've came here to see you and your brothers. I know he would. He told me." Cameron said.

"What?" I said.

"He said that after he left, he moved to New York. But after 2 or 3 years, he felt bad and moved back to California. Waited another 1 or 2 years to ask to see you and your brothers again." Cameron said. I smiled a little but then looked at Cameron.

"Well anyway, this about you not me. Can't you just give your dad a chance? He looked pretty bad before I left." I said. Cameron took a deep breath.

"What about Sierra?" He asked.

"Seems like she's giving him a chance." I said. Cameron shook his head.