Chapter 4

"Hey... What can I get you?" Adam responded with a sultry smile. Being flirty was part of the job after all, it kept the customers happy and the tips generous.

"I'll have a vodka cranberry." the man started while leaning on the counter and closing the space between himself and Adam. "and... you."

Adam's eyes shot up as he smirked at the man while pouring the vodka into a cocktail mixer.

"I bet you say that to all the bartenders" Adam teased him with a flirtatious look in his eyes.

"Well I haven't had a bartender as fuckable as you." he replied while smouldering at Adam, who held back a scowl as best he could.

"And they say chivalry is dead." Adam mumbled at the man while glancing up at him momentarily. He poured the contents out of the cocktail shaker into a glass and slid it towards him over the bar top.

"Whats your name, sexy?" The man said, ignoring Adam's comment while handing him a twenty dollar note.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Adam said sassily with a wink while handing him back the appropriate change. Adam did hate the unsolicited, almost predatory attention, but he couldn't help but enjoy flirting back, it had become a game of sorts to him at this point.

    The man smiled back at him removed a ten dollar note from the change he got back, leaned forward across the towards Adam, their faces only inches apart. The mans deep blue eyes meeting Adam's widened bright hazel eyes as he glanced down at Adams lips as if preparing to kiss him. Adam's body tensed up as he inhaled sharply, feeling a tug at the waistband of his jockstrap. The man slipped the ten dollar note into the waistband, snapping onto Adam's hip, causing him to jump slightly. The man pulled away and smirked at Adam.

"Well then, sexy. If you ever want to tell me your name... call me." the man said confidently slipping a napkin with a phone number written on it, grabbing his vodka cranberry and turning around back to his friends who cheered at him as if he had scored the goal that won the Stanley Cup.

Adam scoffed to himself and shook his head at the thought. Just as he had suspected, he was just a pawn in a game, a piece of meat to be scored. Though he couldn't particularly comment, he treated the whole exchange as a game as well. He may never admit this to anyone, but deep inside the attention did help his self esteem, it felt nice to be to be wanted, but it did cross the line at times.

    Adam glanced down at the napkin shaking his head as a smile tugged on the corners of his lips. Call me cutie <3 (604) 999-0000 - And ignore my friends, they're assholes ;) -  Thomas. Adam glanced up at the man who shot him another wink as he joked with his friends. Was there a chance with this Thomas? Probably not, but some part of Adam always held onto hope.

One of Adam's worst qualities was that he was secretly a hopeless romantic. Though he knew that none of the men who approached him were really interested in anything more than meaningless sex, he always held on to hope that one day a handsome stranger would fall head over heels for him, approach him behind the bar, and sweep him off his feet. But he knew that this was real life and not a romance novel, things like that simply don't happen here.

    The rest of the night continued much like any other night at work. More daddies, douchebags, and sloshed uni students approached the bar, and disappeared back into the crowd. Some were polite and handed him his tips like civilized humans, while others flirted and predatorily slipped their tips into the waistband of his jockstrap, thought he was used to it by now. It was Adam's own personal hell, but at least the tips were good.

As turned around to put a bottle of Bacardi back on the shelf and whipped back around, he noticed a man had approached the bar. He looked oddly familiar but under the dim black lights it was hard to tell for certain. He wore slim fit dark jeans sitting low on his hips and a tight fitting white button down that was unbuttoned enough to tease a view of his defined muscular pecs. He was definitely more muscular that Thomas, and his chestnut hair was styled atop his head. Who was he and more importantly why did Adam feel like he'd seen him before.