Chapter 13

Dylan looked down at the dark mess of perfect brown hair that lay on his chest, gently caressing Adam's back as he slept soundly against his body. Dylan placed a gentle kiss atop Adam's head as the boy began to stir slightly, making the cute little noises that Dylan had grown so very fond of.

"Come on, Prettyboy. Time to wake up." Dylan cooed at him, making Adam groaned groggily.

"Do we have to..." Adam whined into Dylan's chest.

"You wouldn't want to miss scrubbing in on your first Gastric bypass, would you?" Dylan teased as he ran his fingertips down Adam's spine.

"Ugh fine..." Adam said irritatedly as he pushed himself off of Dylan's chest and walked towards the washroom. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Adam asked as Dylan placed his hands behind his head and stared hungrily at his naked boyfriend's form.

"Can't a guy enjoy the view?" Dylan said with a smirk, making Adam blush a bright scarlet hue before he rushed into the washroom.

It had been three months since Dylan told Adam how he felt, or more so shouted it at him after locking him in an on-call room. It felt good to finally be honest with him, though there were some things he still wasn't ready to tell him; perhaps he'd never be. One of those details was his full name.

Dylan Tremblay Messina. Yes, Dylan was a Tremblay. His mother was the daughter of Jean-Pierre Tremblay, the richest self made multibillionaire in Canada. His cousin Hayden Trembley was one of his best friends and also the current CEO of Tremblay Corporation. Dylan had the luxury of being on the Board of Directors along with his grandpapa, uncle, aunt, parents, and sister; all the while lacking the name recognition that would come with the surname, Tremblay. He had the benefits of the fortune without the burden of the fame.

His father, Dr. Giuseppe Messina, was a nation-wide renowned brain surgeon, who now oversaw Tremblay Health, which is the governing body for all the Tremblay hospitals in Canada, including the Tremblay Memorial-Montreal, Tremblay Regional- Toronto, and yes, Tremblay General - Vancouver. Now I know how all this sounds, Dylan is a resident at one of the most competitive residency programs in the country and also just so happens to be the grandson of the founder of the hospital, cousin with the CEO, the son and brother of hospital trustees. But Dylan made it very clear to his family from the very beginning that he didn't want to be shown any degree of favouritism in the process of applying to the internship program. He wanted everything he was to be solely on the basis his own hard work and effort alone, and so it was.

"Hey baby, are you free tonight?" Dylan asked Adam as he walked out of the shower wearing nothing but a towel, his wet dark hair falling into his Hazel eyes as the residual water droplets dripped down his toned chest and torso.

"Yeah? I think so, why?" Adam shot him a glance as he noticed Dylan looking more uneasy than usual. Dylan knew it had only been a few months, but he felt like he was ready to let Adam in on this side of his life.

"There's someone I wanted you to meet." Dylan said wearily. "How about you meet me at the Tim's by the hospital at 5?"

"Sounds good..." Adam blinked confusedly. "But who are..."

"No." Dylan cut him off tersely. "You'll find out when you get there."

"But Dyl! I have to know who it is! What do I wear?!" Adam threw his hands up in disbelief.

"Clothes. Now I'm taking a shower because we're getting late." Dylan teased and he ran into the washroom before Adam could protest any further. Even as they ate breakfast and drove together to work, the topic never came up again. By now, Adam knew Dylan well enough to recognize that he wasn't going to give in; he would just have to wait and find out at 5 PM.