Chapter 14

"YOU'RE RELATED TO THE TREMBLAYS?!" Adam whisper yelled to Dylan who shushed him, glancing around to make sure nobody heard. "I should have known! How the fuck else does a resident afford a Yaletown penthouse all to himself!? And the UberLux!"

"He's not related to the Tremblay's he is a Tremblay." Hayden said with a smirk. " Dylan Tremblay Messina."

"Say that louder why don't you." Dylan glared at Hayden as the blonde man smirked devilishly at him.

"And speaking of that, Pietro didn't appreciate being called an UberLux."

"And you never thought to mention this before?! You're literally the grandson of one of the richest men in the country and I'm just now leaning of it?" Adam said softly, glaring up at Dylan. He didn't know why he was upset about learning this detail about Dylan's family, it wasn't like Adam was one to talk about his family situation.

"So you could think that I'm only here because my grandpapa founded the hospital and I'm on the board of trustees. No thank you." Dylan snapped at him. "Besides, I didn't want you to just want me for my money." Dylan said flatly as Adam glared daggers at him.

"I just remembered I had to be somewhere. It was really nice to meet you guys. I'll see you around." Adam got up, smiled politely at Hayden and ruffled Xavier's hair before walking away towards the exit.

"See you at home babe." Dylan called out to him, but Adam said nothing, turning around and staring him up and down before walking out the door.

"Seriously man." Hayden smacked his cousin upside the head as Dylan shrugged at him. "Do you not think before you speak?!"

"What?!" Dylan said incredulously. "What did I say?!"

"Just... stay here and watch Xav. I have to go clean up your mess, again." Hayden rolled his eyes as he ran out the door. He jogged down the street and finally spotted a familiar grey sweatshirt and jeans with wavy dark brown hair.

"Hey Adam! Wait" Hayden jogged up and grabbed the boy by the shoulder, turning him to face him, except it wasn't Adam. "And... you're not Adam." Hayden said as his cheeks blushed, scanning the pretty stranger.

"Sorry, do I know you?" Alex asked the tall handsome stranger, unnerved by his cold green eyes staring at him.

"Uhhhh...." Hayden said blankly as he stared at Alex's quizzical expression.

"Let me guess? You're looking for Adam? Adam Almeida?" Alex shot him a knowing look as Hayden nodded at him. "Don't worry, it happens all the time, he looks kind of like me just with hazel eyes?" Hayden nodded blankly again as Alex smiled warmly at him. "I saw him going towards the SkyTrain station across the street, if you run you might catch him."

"Oh um... thanks." Hayden blushed, awkwardly scratching the back of his head as he turned away from the strikingly pretty boy. "Hey um, what's your n-" Hayden turned back around, only to find the boy had disappeared in the crowd, he shrugged to himself and shook his head with a tinge of disappointment deep in his chest, perhaps it wasn't meant to be.

Hayden jogged towards the SkyTrain station, glancing around at the mass of people. He scratched his head as he cursed to himself; it was going to be a nightmare trying to find him in the crowd of commuters heading home after work. He let out a huff, before sitting down at one of the benches.

"So he sent you, eh?" Hayden flinched at voice that came from further down the bench. Adam smiled at him cheekily, though his eyes made it clear he had been crying.

"Not exactly..." Hayden muttered irritatedly, "Listen, Dylan is an idiot, he doesn't think before he talks, and he's never been in a relationship or really cared about anyone enough to try. He didn't mean what he said."