Chapter 27

Trigger Warning: Stalking

Dylan Messina was one of those students that everyone hated, who would party all weekend and show up Monday morning hungover to write the exam, only to end up the highest marks in the class having just barely glancing at his class notes. He was brilliant, handsome, rich and had an ego to boot. His marks were amazing, his MCAT score perfect and he had hours of volunteering at the hospital as well as with his his family's philanthropic endeavours.

But like many a trust fund kid, he had a toxic self destructive trait. He would binge drink, do drugs, have meaningless hookups with nameless people that he didn't care about whatsoever. He was everyone's dream and nightmare at the same time. Somewhere during his quest to find adventure and change in his mundane perfect life, he got involved with the wrong crowd and began dealing drugs. He had no reason to, his family were extremely wealthy, his father a surgeon, his mother a Tremblay; daughter of one of the richest families in Vancouver if not all of Canada.

He hurt people, both physically and emotionally because in reality, while Dylan Messina seemed to have it all, he always felt something was missing. Something wasn't right, something was awry. That was, until one day everything changed.

He was sitting with his best friend, Alex in Koerner Library at UBC, They had been inseparable since they met during their first year of uni. Alex was the only person who knew Dylan truly, he knew the soft and vulnerable side which lay behind the disconnected, jaded exterior.

Dylan mundanely flipped through his Anatomy notes, soaking in all the material as he usually did. His photographic memory paired with his sharp thinking and wit were exactly what had gotten him this far through his degree and would, if all else went well, get him into medical school. As he looked up from his notes, yawning in boredom, he saw something that caught his eye; or more so, someone.

A boy. Perhaps the most beautiful boy he had ever laid eyes on. Being the attractive and suave playboy that Dylan was, he had been with his fair share of attractive girls and boys, but something about this boy was different from all the others. His dark brown hair looked almost black under the harsh lights of the library. He wore black skinny jeans and a loose fitting heather grey t shirt that showed off his perfectly slender body. He was flanked by two friends, a boy and a girl who seemed to be laughing and joking, but the boy wasn't. But his eyes were what truly captivated Dylan's attention in that moment.

Bright hazel in colour, large, expressive, but seeping with an inexplicable melancholy that allured Dylan. He was the prettiest boy he had ever seen, but his eyes were sad, deep, lost almost. Alex looked up across the table and saw Dylan staring lustfully at the boy. Alex followed his line of vision to the dark haired boy and chuckled to himself shaking his head.

"Who... is he?" Dylan said darkly, staring at the boy with narrowed eyes.

"Your next conquest, I presume." Alex rolled his eyes with a scoff.

"I don't think so... He's different." Dylan said softly. "I want him, but... not like for one night."

"What the hell does that mean." Alex asked teasing, being all too familiar with his best friend's playboy ways.

"I think he might be the one." Dylan said seriously, his gaze never once deviating away from the boy.

"I think you've been in the library too long." Alex chuckled at him teasingly.

"No I'm serious." Dylan said irritatedly. "There's something about him, I think he's the one."

"Then go up to him?! What are you waiting for?! He looks like a fresher, shouldn't be a tough feat for the great Dylan Messina." Alex rolled his eyes at Dylan.