Chapter 7

Trigger Warning: Suicide

"Was he hot?" Sophia asked as her eyes brightened with intrigue. Adam rolled his eyes and groaned, taking a dramatic sip of his iced coffee.

"Sophia! Focus! Not the point!" he scolded her before continuing with his story. "Anyway, so I ran into the locker room, and I see DR. MESSINA."

"What the hell, is he like following you or something?" Sophia coughed, dramatically choking on her cafe latte.

"Literally my first thought too, but like... I told him about the guy following me, and he kissed me." Adam whispered.

"How was it?" Sophia asked without missing a beat, cocking her eyebrow at Adam.

"THAT'S your first question?!" Adam exclaimed incredulously.

"Yes. How was it?" She repeated her question with no trace of surprise on her face nor her tone.

"God, it was amazing, Sophia. It felt like for a second the whole world stood still." He replied with a smitten sigh, his eyes seeming to glaze over. He continued to recount the entire night to her, as she hung onto every single word and detail that came out of his mouth.

"Wait, why didn't you sleep with him?" Sophia asked him with narrowed eyes. "He clearly wanted you to."

"Soph, I don't even know him." Adam whispered dramatically.

"That has literally never stopped you before." Sophia cocked an eyebrow at him; she had a point, mainstream dating in the gay community was strange; with Grindr and circuit parties there was a lot of having sex with nameless strangers whom you just met only to be ghosted after a few fuck sessions. As counterintuitive as it seemed, Adam going to dinner with Dylan the night before was oddly more intimate than sex had ever felt to him in the past. "Are you not attracted to him like that?"

"Of course I am, I mean look at him." Adam sighed. "I don't know, Soph. I guess I didn't want to jump into anything without thinking it through. Plus he's literally our resident, it'd make things soooo weird."

"Fair enough..." Sophia said with a shrug, as they both walked out of the Tim Horton's and continued across the street towards the hospital. "But what does all this mean?"

"That's what I'm wondering" he said as he stared off into the distance. "I just want to know if he's interested or not."

"Adam, babe, No. He's clearly interested. That's not what I'm confused about. What his intentions are, is what I'm wondering." She said seriously. "He's three years older, a resident, clearly arrogant, hot as fuck and clearly aware of it." she started flatly. "You're younger, sweet, super easy to push around, no offence; and drop dead gorgeous but have no idea that you are. I know they say opposites attract, but not all things that attract are well suited together. I guess my advice would be to just talk to him. Ask him straight up what his intentions are. You're grown adults and nobody has time for games."

"I guess you're right. But I don't even have his number though so how will I talk to him." Adam said in his normally ditsy voice. Sophia let out a sigh, she was used to Adam being even more ditzy before the coffee gets a chance to hit his system.

"Adam he... is literally our resident. We're going to see him in like two minutes. Just talk to him during the break or wait for our shifts to end or something." She said flatly. Sophia had been Adam's best friend though it all, from the moment they met Sophia knew Adam for who he was. Super book smart, but a bit ditsy at times. Super sweet but also innocent and easily manipulated. As his best friend for the past eight years she took it upon herself to make sure she never let anyone or anything hurt him.