Chapter 5

"You will NOT believe who came to the bar last night?" Adam started, as Ilya and Sophia sat across the table from him staring at him in intrigue. 

"Okay fine I'll tell you." Adam said animatedly, leaning in to whisper, "Doctor. Messina," causing Sophia to gasp dramatically, slamming her fork down on her plate and making a loud clang.

"Tell. EVERYTHING." she said as she swallowed her egg white frittata.

"So he came up to the bar, and he ordered a beer, and he kept teasing me and I kind of snapped." Adam explained, causing Sophia to drop her fork on her plate once again.

"What. did you DO?!" she said dramatically, picking up her glass of mimosa and dramatically taking a sip.

"Well I kind of got annoyed and asked him what he wanted from me and... I may or may not have told him he should go find his girlfriend or wife." It was at this point both Sophia and Ilya choked on whatever they were chewing on in that moment, and proceeding to laugh hysterically.

"You didn't say that!" Ilya said between coughs.

"Is it that bad?" Adam said looking down at his spinach and feta omelette, only looking up to see both his friends nodding at him knowingly.

"Why would he be at a gay bar?!" Ilya said irritatedly while shaking his head.

"THATS WHAT HE SAID! So does that mean he's gay or bi?" Adam said between bites, as Sophia rubs her temples in irritation.

"Adam, bud. For someone as smart as you, you say some dumb shit sometimes." Ilya replied bluntly at Adam's obvious question.

"THAT'S WHAT HE SAID TOO!" Adam replied, making Sophia and Ilya groan in annoyance.

"Fine. Okay. What else happened? That couldn't have been all, surely." Sophia finally chimed in after a few minutes of silent contemplation.

"Right so this is the part that confused me the most" Adam started, as his two friends leant closer, intrigued by what was to come. "He grabbed me by the waistband like super hard, and stuffed a fifty in. But then he whispered in my ear and said. 'You weren't shy when that other guy handled you like a little slut. Then why with me?' and then he let go and... left.

Sophia and Ilya proceed to stare at Adam as if he grew a second head, exchanged confused glances and then back at Adam.

"Well.. That took a turn." Ilya raised an eyebrow, breaking the painfully awkward silence at the brunch table.

"But what does it mean?" Adam said, genuinely confused. "What does he want from me?"

"Well I stand by my original hypothesis that he's definitely trying to fuck." Ilya replied flatly.

"But why though, he could have anyone why would he want me?" Adam replied irritatedly burying his face in his hands.

"Not this again." Sophia started, "You're gorgeous, he's gorgeous, you'd make a gorgeous couple. If it were biologically possibly, you'd make gorgeous babies too, so I don't want to hear it."

"But most importantly" Ilya began piggybacking off that comment. "Do you want to be a couple with him?"

"Who said anything about a couple?!" Adam contested. "He was drunk, probably horny, it was getting late, he probably just wanted someone to fuck for the night. I'm twenty six! I want a meaningful relationship. I'm past the age for hookups"

"FIrst of all, there is no such thing as being past the age for hookups." Sophia rebutted offendedly, "And secondly, what makes you think he doesn't want a meaningful relationship?"