Chapter 6

"How long have you been going to that gym?" Dylan asked as they walked out onto the sidewalk.

"Just since graduation, So a few months" Adam shrugged as the man continued to look at him. "I know it's a bit far, but my friends recommended me so I got a discount." Adam said sheepishly as he looked up at Dylan to see him staring almost adoringly at him. He didn't understand Dylan. One moment he was sweet, the next he was not. What was his issue?

"Oh, okay. I was wondering why I had never seen you there before." Dylan stated blankly.

"Maybe you have." Adam replied blankly, "You probably just didn't notice me."

"I think I would have noticed you." Dylan said blankly as Adam furrowed a brow at him.

"What about you?" Adam asked sweetly. "How long have you been going there?"

"About two years ago, when I started here as an intern." Said Dylan as the two continued walking to Dylan's car. "Oh my car is this way." Dylan added as he grabbed Adam's hand, making his heart flutter slightly in his chest. Dylan smirked as a rouge tinge spread across the smaller boy's tanned cheek; he found himself more and more intrigued with him with every passing moment.

"So what's your story?" Adam asked curiously as Dylan unlocked his expensive, sleek looking, black BMW sports car and opened the door for him to sit down. "Thanks." He said shyly, never having had anyone open the car door for him like that.

"What do you mean?" Dylan asked as he got into the car and cranked the engine.

"Like where are you from? How long have you lived here? Where did you go to university? Anything you're comfortable with really." Adam replied as he stared up at Dylan through his eyelashes.

"Well... Where to begin." Dylan started letting out a huff. "I was born and raised right here in Vancouver, and stayed here to go to UBC for undergrad and med school. Boring really..."

"Seriously?! I went here for undergrad and med school too! I wonder if we ever crossed paths." Adam said animatedly as Dylan chuckled at him.

"That'd be... something alright..." Dylan said with a smile. "Anyway what about you? What's your story Prettyboy?"

"Well... I was born and raised in Toronto, and I wanted a change of scenery... Um... So I came to UBC for undergrad and ended up staying here." Adam said with an awkward chuckle to hide the tinge of sadness in his voice.

"The Six, eh?" Dylan replied. "You go back often?" he asked blissfully unaware of the nerve he inadvertently hit.

"No... Nothing really to go back to." Adam closed his eyes for a second, instantly regretting saying that last bit.

"Okay... So what do you want to eat?" Dylan sensed the awkwardness and promptly changed the subject.

"I'm down for anything you want." Adam said politely and formally making Dylan want to crash the car into a tree.

"Oh god you're one of those." Dylan said rolling his eyes. "Maybe this won't work between us, bud." he said jokingly.

"What do you mean?" Adam asked confusedly, by both parts of his statement.

"I should have known his might be an issue," Dylan said shaking his head. "Listen, If we're going to spend time together we need to address some things."

"Okay..." Said Adam as he glanced around in confusion.

"Firstly, at the hospital, I am your boss, your resident, I am in charge of you." Dylan started, his eyes never really leaving the road as he drove. "But when we're anywhere else, I want you to treat me like anyone else. No formalities, nothing. I'm not your boss. You don't take orders from me, unless you're into that sort of thing. Okay?"