7

Three months. It's been three months since the victory tour ended. Since Adrienne's baby brother went missing. They would send out search parties as often as they could, always to inform her that they found nothing. She would always say they would find him eventually. But in reality, she knew he was never coming back.

This was Snow's doing and she knew it. She defied him, and this was the price she had to pay.

Right now, she was sitting alone in her living room, watching the hologram of a television, waiting for the president to make his yearly speech about how the Hunger Games was necessary. It was just a bunch of rubbishy if you asked her.

She watched as the white haired man stepped up to the podium, clearing his throat before speaking to the crowd and to all of Panem.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the 75th year of the Hunger Games." Snow started, occasionally glancing down at what Adrienne assumed was notecards someone had prepared for him. "And it was written in the charter of The Games that every 25 years, there would be a Quarter Quell to keep fresh for each new generation the memory of those who died in the uprising against The Capitol."

The blonde girl had a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. Something about the president's speech made her feel on edge, despite him not saying anything to make her feel this way.

"Each Quarter Quell is distinguished
by Games of a special significance. And now on this the 75th anniversary of our defeat of the rebellion, we celebrate the 3rd Quarter Quell as a reminder that even the strongest cannot overcome the power of The Capitol."

Adrienne furrowed her brows, slowly standing up as she hung onto every words President Snow spoke, her heart hammering against her rib cage.

"On this, the 3rd Quarter Quell Games, the male and female Tributes are to be reaped from the existing pool of Victors in each district."

Her stomach dropped. And so did she. The girl fell to the floor as sobs excepted her mouth, not able to stop them. Her body shook with both fear and an overwhelming sadness.

Finnick, in his own home, was having a different reaction. He felt nervous and scared. But not regarding his own life. No matter what, he would be going back into that arena, but Adrienne has a chance to live. And he hoped she did, but there was that chance that she didn't. That she got reaped.

There was only one thought in his mind as he rushed over to the girl's house, banging loudly on her front door. A second later, the door swung open, revealing the red eyed girl.

The boy quickly pressed his lips against hers, placing his hands on her waist. She kissed back and he could tell she was just as scared as he was.

"Marry me." He said between breaths, the words barely audible.

Adrienne furrowed her brows, kissing him back for a second longer before pulling away. When she looked him in the eyes, she only saw passion and love inside them. "What?"

Finnick moved his hands up to gently cup her face, looking deeply into her eyes. "Marry me, Adrienne Sallow."

"Finn, you aren't thinking straight..." she said, shaking her head slightly as she averted her eyes away.

He just made the girl look at him again. "Addy, look at me." She locked her blue eyes onto his own. "I love you. So much. I want...to marry you. So..." He paused, letting out a heavy and shaky breath. "Marry me."

She nodded, a smile slowly appearing on her face. "Yes." Her voice came out softly, barely a whisper, but it still caused a smile to appear on Finnick's face as he pulled her close, lifting her a little off the ground and spinning her.

And there it was. The love before the anger. The calm before the storm. Just Adrienne and Finnick, the two victors of District Four.

 Just Adrienne and Finnick, the two victors of District Four