What has happened

My body bolted up in a flash as I awoke. I started calming down as I realised my surroundings. Memories flooded my mind reminding me of how I got here. The door suddenly opened and Azrael walked in followed by a taller man and a woman with curly short hair. I recognised the taller man as Dao, Azrael's childhood friend and the woman was Jess. She was the Black Dog's best female fighter. Jess gasped seeing me, she hadn't seen me in years and we didn't get to see each other at the party.
"Sirani! Its been so long! Honey, I wish we could see each other without one being on verge of death" I smile at her. I'd grown up with them, when I first was told I had to leave Jess was the first to break down trying to get me to stay but Aunt Gabriela wouldn't let me.
"I wish too," I looked up to Dao who was ruffling my hair. He smiled down at me. Dao was mute, he couldn't speak but had sharp senses. He signed something to me.
'Your friends are safe, Ma was able to get the drug out of your friend, but she wants to talk with you' I gave him a nod. I started getting up while Azrael talked to the two. He then turned to me with a raised brow.
"Riles, did you bring guests?" I shifted uncomfortably. I knew the most important rule here was that Azrael didn't want any kind of outsider unless it was someone like them. Unless the person wasn't a white.
"Gurl, you know the rules, Ma's gonna kill you" he says sighing frustrated.
"Sorry, I'll go talk to her" he only nods as we go.
Ma awaits in a room with my friends and a still groggy Logan. He notices me walk in and gets up running to me. His arms go around me pulling me into a hug.
"Mara, I thought I lost you" he whispered. I smiled at him.
"But I'm here," his body relaxed at that.
"Dear, have a seat, I need to talk to you," I pulled away from Logan turning to Ma who was seated on a couch. Tiana Hamza and Moussa were leaning on walls while Cassey sat beside Azrael and Dao. Jess and Free were on each side of Ma paying attention to what she had to say. Her eyes scanned over to my friends. Meg and Ty were standing to the right Martha and Ray to the left side of the room. Mac Sofia and Brandon in the middle.
"Now, could you explain how you got involved with Unknown Creatures?" Azrael asks.
"And why is there fire running through your skin?" Ma asked. I sighed turning to them.
"Its, a long story" Logan held my hand tightly squeezing it a bit to reassure me. I knew I'd have to explain why I had a bond tattoo.
"Then have a seat, we have all day" Hamza stated. Logan went to sit beside our friends pulling me along but Free pulled me to her side. Logan frowned as I sat beside her on the ground. I sighed smiling at him patting the seat beside me. He nodded sitting beside me and laying his head on my shoulder while we held hands fingers entangled. I looked at Azrael.
"Now promise me whatever I'm about to say, won't make you either kill them," I pointed to my friends on the other side.
"Nor will you you guys, and I mean you two Ray and Martha, will attempt to go for my family" they all nodded. I sighed and proceeded to explain it how this, from the moment I burned up to when I found out about the pyro-monsters and the bond Logan had created along with who my friends were. Brandon was the only one without any power though he reacted fine to the problem. Hence he'd been with me for a while and having an aunt as a sorceress and two cousins as witch crafters, he was used to crazy things happening around me.
"So you're saying that," Cassey started. He turned to Logan.
"This fucker, put a leash on you," I nervously looked away.
"And you forgave him???" Jess asked. Tiana inhaled deeply as she pulled out a gun. My eyes widened.
"Tiana no" Ma stated. She kept her gaze on Logan. Her head was cocked as she held a curious gaze at him.
"What is your name you boy," he looked up from our hands.
"Logan Milles," Azrael and Jess jolted up.
"As in Ivan Milles?!" Jess asked. Dao perked up.
"That's my father," Hamza hissed and Moussa had to hold him back to not step up.
"Is he, well pass a message to him for him boy" Ma said. Her brown eyes turned gold all of a sudden and we all froze. The are turned cold. She was angry.
"Maqiaranne might have forgotten but I still remember what he did," she said her eyes glowing the whole time. Logan didn't bulge but nodded.
"Good, now I advise you to not walk in his steps" she said her eyes going back to there color. She turned to my friends. She noticed Martha and hissed.
"Don't hiss at me old hag," she scoffed.  Jess's eyes turned to Martha and she laughed.
"If it isn't lil red riding hood" she smirked and stood up.
"Jess," Moussa warned.
"I won't fuck over alright, just gonna say hi" she smirked. She stopped a few feet before Martha. She leaned over her and grinned.
"You lil fuck, you have no idea how much I'd like to kill both of you," she said. Martha seemed to stiffen but didn't let it show.
"You're just lucky Riles won't let us hurt your asses or else it'd be a pleasure to beat you," Ray snorted.
"Like someone like you could," he stated. Hamza raised a brow.
"Define what you mean," Free asked.
"I mean you don't have the guts," Tiana smiled. Right then a bullet went by Ray grazing his hair tips. My eyes widened.
"Tiana-"
"Wasn't me! Look its not even loaded!" She stated opening the gun. I frown. Cassey chuckled.
"Djen that wasn't very cool" he laughed. I turned to Djen who was twirling a gun in her hand.
"Fuck them, you assholes keep acting like your her family when we're the ones she grew with" she states. Martha growls.
"You're no damn family, all you barbarians know is how to fight and kill"  Cass raises a brow.
"Oh yeah? Remind me, who shot Hamza with a gun?"Meg looked over to Martha in shock.  Martha scoffed.
"Self defense he attacked first," Hamza glared at her.
"Because you fuckers were trying to take Riles!" Jess stated.
"Her place us with us, we're more family than you ever be," I furrowed my brows at that.
"Like hell! We taught her half the shit she knows!" Moussa yelled. Ray raised a brow.
"Like stealing taking drugs or even killing others?" Moussa glared at him.
"Like we do it for fun" Azrael chuckled.
"At least with us no one she loves died-"
"Shut up," Cassey cut her off. Martha smirked.
"Oh right it was your brother who threw himself to die," I clenched my jaw. Cassey stood up.
"Martha," Mac warned.
"I'm stating facts, he's dead out of his own acts of foolishness," she turned to Cass.
"And that's what you get for being stupid-"
Slap
I don't when I got up nor when I got close enough to Martha but what I knew was that the emotions in me needed to be let out. My eyes were a steel grey contrasting on my toned skin and black hair as I stared at the shocked Martha.
"I consider you as a friend Martha, you are not, and will never ever, feel as family, remember that" I lifted a knife to her face.
"And just so its clear, I can eliminate a friend in a snap," I whisper but I made sure they all heard.
"Issac was my brother and was my inspiration, disgrace his memory and I'll make it my mission to freaking stab every part of you so bad even Aunt Gabriela won't be able to bring your ginger ass back, now would you stand up take your seat and shut the heck up until we get home," she didn't answer as she went to sit down again. I breathed in calming down.
"That's the same to you Ray," he flinched as I turned to him.
"This is my family," I pointed to the Black Dogs.
"And these are my friends," I pointed back to them.
"I can and would kill for family," I mutter as I turn back. Free squeezes me in a hug and