Chapter 3

My Chemical Romance - Mama

                     Xolani's POV"Here's your sprite" Simone tapped me on the shoulder handing me the green plastic bottle

               Xolani's POV
"Here's your sprite" Simone tapped me on the shoulder handing me the green plastic bottle.
"Thanks" I said opening the cap and taking a sip of the bubbly beverage.
"So, how's the new song coming?" She asked looking over at my journal.
"I just need a perfect yet catchy hook but I've been lacking inspiration lately" I dropped my pen letting out a frustrated sigh.
Simone started massaging my tensed shoulders, immediately I began to relax.
"I got a date tomorrow with one of my students father." Her hands stopped for a mere second then resumed after.
"Who is it?" She asked curiously.
"Bruno Salerno" I told her biting my bottom lip while thinking of that sexy hunk of Italian meat.
"Bitch, you lying!" Simone said before letting out a loud gasp.
I sat up straight turning to face her.
"That man is a big time producer in Hollywood and not to mention his family is fucking loaded. Sis, you better get it." She said snapping her fingers chanting 'aye aye' while jumping around the studio.
I rolled my eyes at her foolish antics.
"Miss mamas, I'm a whole millionaire why the hell would I care if he had money?" I asked with a raised brow.
"I know you don't but dating him could boost up your career even more. You'll be getting offers from the biggest artists out there. Bruno Salerno might pave the way for you, think about it from my perspective" Shaking my head at her words, I stared at her once again.
"Well, it's very kind of you to think of it that way but I genuinely like Bruno and I'm not going to use him to better my career. Life is good" I said while packing up my things to leave.
It's 9:37 pm and it's a Friday night, my warm bed misses me and I'm not wasting my monthly payments on Netflix.
Simone tried to make me stay but I couldn't, she enjoys the nightlife while I enjoy my nights in the comfort of my home.
"Tell Donny that I left and please stay safe" I hugged her planting a kiss to her cheek.
"Alright Lani, call me when you get home" She kissed my cheek before slapping my ass.
I drew back glaring at her playfully she raised her hands up in surrender.
"You can't blame me, if I had a body like yours I wouldn't know how to act. Lani, I don't understand how you could stay a virgin at the age of 25." I smiled tightly telling her goodbye once again.
I wish I could tell her but I'm not ready to share that with anyone yet.
Humming to a tune, I accidentally bumped into Donny in the lobby.
I apologized then turn to take my leave, but the asshole blocked my path.
"Shawty, where you goin?" He asked biting his lip.
I don't even know why I'm still working with this flirt.
Donny Kane is handsome man, a talented music engineer and he's very dedicated to his skill.
He's towers me standing in at 5'10, for years he's being trying to get in my pants no matter how much I turn him down.
Donny just won't accept the rejection, in the past I would have given him a chance but a lot of drama surrounds him because according to the press "Donny Kane got a lot of thotties"
I'm like the black Daria. Laid back, despise attention and I just want to chill by myself or with Simone.
But if Donny was to come inside that circle of mine only complete chaos will be unleashed.
"Bruh, move out of my way. I'm going home, I think my job is done here for the night." I said felling the irritation creep in.
"I was hoping we could go get some drinks later and vibe together after" Donny said rubbing his bearded chin with a certain look in his eyes that seems to make me feel uncomfortable and
'Vibe together?' Who the fuck says that? I know that he just wants to fuck.
"Well, sorry but I'm going home" Curving his burly ass body.
I exited the building going into the parking lot to get my car and I drove away from the hills going back my home in Glendale.
As I was waiting for stop light to turn green, I saw my face in the rear-view mirror. The cold, hard, emotionless look on it didn't quiet sit well with me.
After going through so much shit in your life, you start to forget how to smile not having to force one.
I hate my body, it's one of the reasons why I hate my parents and also the reason I ran away from them.
My father, Philani Nolwazi is sick man,
I had to get away from him.
By the age of 13, I was already full figure than most kids my age.
My body had grown into what adults will call mature.
I saw the look in my father's eyes whenever I dressed like how a regular teenage girl would.
Jean shorts, skirts either short or long, and tank tops.
That look always made me feel scared to be in his presence without my mother.
I had no siblings and I hated being alone so I tried to be friends with the neighbors kids but they always ran away from me because my parents were seen as "odd" and they didn't want to associate themselves with us.
It wasn't until the day before I turned the age of 15 did I finally understand the meaning of their words.
My mother Karen Nolwazi, a Dutch lady who married a South African man and had a biracial kid together was willing to watch her only child get molested and probably raped by her husband the father of their daughter.
Just because he threatened to abandon her if she didn't let him do what he wanted to me.
If it wasn't for my mother's younger sister, Aunty Katy. I wouldn't be where I am today.
She saved me from my parents, migrating us from South Africa to the United States.
I owe that woman my life, she molded me from a broken child to an adult that is still broken but won't show it to people.
I put on a mask, a facade to protect myself from the truth about my terrible past.
In reality, I'm a smiling mannequin.
My mental state has been fucking me up for many years.
I thought I got over the self-loathing yet it just seems to worsen every time I see my full reflection in a mirror.
I've come in terms with the fact that I'm slowly losing my mind.
But it's okay though, we aren't all normal.
Deep down, we have growing pains and unforgettable pasts that eventually turns us into smiling mannequins.

Rico Nasty as Simone Powell

Clarence nyc as Donny Kane

Please Vote and Comment.
Until Next Time...